Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

"Failed to locate the editor"

Discussion in '2018.2 Beta' started by leopedroso45, May 16, 2018.

1. leopedroso45

leopedroso45

Capturar.PNG
    im trying update the unity version 2018.2.0b1 to the last. But the unity say than dont exist other version 0b2 or 0b3... So i installed the hub and this show me this error

2. cassandraL

cassandraL

Unity Technologies

Hi,
    please let us try to reproduce your issue.

From your screenshot, it does look like you already have 2018.2.0b1 installed. If you tried to locate it again, then it is normal to see that error message.
    But if you tried to do something else, please tell us so we can address it.

3. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

upload_2018-5-18_12-37-3.png
    Perhaps it would be a good idea to pass this to UX team so that the clickable links on the left seem somehow more obvious to people. It's my suspicion that the OP did not click a link on the left. I would suggest removing links on the left and putting:

Projects Learn Installs Beta
    ...along the top. When the customer clicks Installs he or she can then see a star or relevant icon indicating which of those installs are downloadable, and which are already downloaded, thus making 2 separate menus into one clear menu bar. No confusion, no chance of missing it.

--

I would imagine you wanted see available betas but did not realise it was a necessary step.

charlesb_rm likes this.