Search Unity

Question Failed to locate /darwin-x86_64/bin/aarch64-linux-android-addr2line

Discussion in 'Android' started by seloran, Feb 1, 2021.

1. seloran

seloran

I keep getting the following error whenever I press play in the editor (version 2020.2.2f1):

Failed to locate /Unity/Hub/Editor/2020.2.2f1/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/AndroidPlayer/NDK/toolchains/llvm/prebuilt/darwin-x86_64/bin/aarch64-linux-android-addr2line

I have the Android SDK & NDK Tools installed for this editor version.

Not sure if it's related to the build platform being set to Android or that I have device simulator installed (still happens if I switch from simulator mode back to game mode).

Any ideas on how to make it not show up every time I press play in the editor?

2. Tomas1856

Tomas1856

Unity Technologies

It's probably related to logcat package. You can try updating it to 1.2.1 version, just go to your <UnityProject>\Packages\manifest.json and changed logcat version to

Code (CSharp):
    1. "com.unity.mobile.android-logcat": "1.2.1",

Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
  3. Havokki

Havokki

I'm getting a similar error:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Failed to locate toolchains/llvm/prebuilt/darwin-x86_64/bin/aarch64-linux-android-addr2line
    2. UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    3. Unity.Android.Logcat.AndroidTools:.ctor() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.mobile.android-logcat@1.2.1/Editor/AndroidTools/AndroidTools.cs:60)
    4. Unity.Android.Logcat.AndroidLogcatRuntime:CreateAndroidTools() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.mobile.android-logcat@1.2.1/Editor/AndroidLogcatRuntime.cs:131)
    5. Unity.Android.Logcat.AndroidLogcatRuntimeBase:Initialize() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.mobile.android-logcat@1.2.1/Editor/AndroidLogcatRuntime.cs:71)
    6. Unity.Android.Logcat.AndroidLogcatRuntime:Initialize() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.mobile.android-logcat@1.2.1/Editor/AndroidLogcatRuntime.cs:115)
    7. Unity.Android.Logcat.AndroidLogcatManager:Initialize() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.mobile.android-logcat@1.2.1/Editor/AndroidLogcatManager.cs:33)
    8. Unity.Android.Logcat.AndroidLogcatManager:get_Runtime() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.mobile.android-logcat@1.2.1/Editor/AndroidLogcatManager.cs:40)
    9. Unity.Android.Logcat.AndroidLogcatProjectSettingsProvider:.ctor(String, SettingsScope) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.mobile.android-logcat@1.2.1/Editor/AndroidLogcatProjectSettingsProvider.cs:19)
    10. Unity.Android.Logcat.AndroidLogcatProjectSettingsProvider:CreateAndroidLogcatProjectSettingsProvider() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.mobile.android-logcat@1.2.1/Editor/AndroidLogcatProjectSettingsProvider.cs:33)
    11. UnityEditor.SettingsWindow:OnEnable() (at /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Settings/SettingsWindow.cs:103)
    I already updated the logcat package to version 1.2.1 and checked that I do have aarch64-linux-android-addr2line in that path. Is there something else I can try to fix this? I can report a bug as well, but I can't share the project.

4. Tomas1856

Tomas1856

Unity Technologies

The path is incorrect, it seems NDK prefix is missing, maybe you don't have NDK set in Unity Preferences?

Gandalf_5 likes this.
  5. Havokki

Havokki

Ah, that was it. Thanks for the help!