Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Failed to load substance archive

Discussion in 'Unity 5 Pre-order Beta' started by TwoWholeWorms, Feb 16, 2015.

1. TwoWholeWorms

TwoWholeWorms

Have googled this but nothing (recent) came up, so posting here.

I just bought a bunch of materials off the asset store which turned out to be .sbsar files which all generate this error upon import:

Are substance archives incompatible with Unity 5, or is there some intermittent step I need to do in order to import these files into Unity 5? If they are incompatible, then it would be nice to have a warning on the asset store that this is the case.

>: /

Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
  2. jashan

jashan

I've recently seen this on one machine with Unity 4.6.1. Unfortunately, that machine wasn't connected directly to the Internet so we weren't able to file a bug report. Interestingly, the 6 others machines which should have exactly the same setup didn't show that behavior. It would definitely make sense to file a bug report on this but I believe it probably has something to do with the setup. What I'd try (after filing a bug report) is uninstalling / reinstalling Unity because maybe something went wrong during the install.