Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Failed to load "octane.dll". Errorode: 126

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by AlanMattano, Aug 4, 2017.

1. AlanMattano

AlanMattano

Unity 2017.1.0f3 Octane Plugin 1.0.0.918

Running latest or any OctaneRendering plugin,
    After "Installing" and "Loading Octane" render, two errors show up in the console:

Checking Unity license
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogFormat(String, Object[])
    OctaneUnity.<>c:<Check>b__14_0(AuthCodeResponse)
    UnityEditor.AsyncHTTPClient:Done(State, Int32)

Failed to load "octane.dll". Errorode: 126
    Failed to load "OctaneUnity.dll". Errorode: 126

UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    Octane.DynamicLibrary:Load()
    Octane.PluginDllLoader:LoadLibraries()
    OctaneUnity.PluginController:Init()
    OctaneUnity.EULA:CheckRequest()
    UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions()

The location of the .dll is in:
    C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Octane\Unity
    I contact OTOY support but still, I didn't find a fix to the problem.
    Of course, It can be that I'm using unsupported ATI GPU since Octane uses only special GPU hardware.
    Any other idea or help?
    Any idea? AAAAA I wish to make a super awesome render......!!!

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
  2. AlanMattano

AlanMattano

3. elbows

elbows

Octane is nvidia only at the moment, so there is no point in you even trying to get this working with an ATI card - it wont work at all.

4. AlanMattano

AlanMattano

Haa, thx @elbows for the answer!
    Just double-checking; so you think the message error in console is trigger by hardware incompatibility problem?

5. Micz84

Micz84

I have the same errors on Unity 2017.1.0f3 with latest graphic card drivers. I have Goforce 1070 and i7 6700k.

6. AlanMattano

AlanMattano

I make an OTOY ticket request (117889) for this problem If you what to mention in yours.

The answer was:
    Plus I was talking via email with Beppe (part of support) in Italian. I make the translation: "We are talking about a plug in that is in alpha stage." His advice for the future is to look into the OTOY rendering forum (Octane for Unity section). It can be because I'm using ATI and at the moment Octane rendering for Unity is not compatible with ATI. I point out that You, @Micz84 are using Nvidia Geforce 1070 and you get the same error! He asks to put in the thread screenshot and description.

I open a new trade in OTOY forum: [ LINK ]

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
  7. sinushawa

sinushawa

For me the problem was related to having a %username% using non ascii characters

8. mraafat

mraafat

I still don't understand why does message of "failed to load octane.dll" show up. Can anyone help me please?

9. AlanMattano

AlanMattano

Hi @mraafat welcome to this forum! I'm a user. Sometimes failed to load Octane is it trigger because of your graphics card. Not all video cards are supported. I do not know if ATI is supported. At the time of making this thread, Ati was not supported but they were working on it. I change to Nvidia and now is working fine. So if you are using Ati look if is supported. And if you are using Nvidia, look if that particular model is supported.