Search Unity

Failed to load mono

Discussion in 'Windows' started by un1tydevel0per, Jun 3, 2020.

1. un1tydevel0per

un1tydevel0per

Could someone help me on this problem? When I try to build my Unity project for Mac, it works fine. But if I build for Windows, it gives me "Failed to load Mono". I restored the DLL files and everything

2. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

You probably didn't copy all the files to your Windows machine. Try building to an empty folder and see if you missed any files.

3. un1tydevel0per

un1tydevel0per

I can't do that now because of the time here. I will try that tomorrow and see if that works.

Thanks @Tautvydas-Zilys

4. un1tydevel0per

un1tydevel0per

5. awesomesausegameing

awesomesausegameing

So at first my apps would run fine then when I load my computer again I get failed to load mono how do I check if I missed files?

6. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

I'd build to an empty folder and compare whether all the files are there in the build that doesn't work.

7. Zaamir

Zaamir

Didn't understand what to do... Can you explain it more clearly please :)

8. kanaparthihemanth236

kanaparthihemanth236

IM not able to understand why after uploading all my files to inno setup for making the game's installer setup it's showing an error after downloading the game in its .exe format via the installer i created its showing "failed to load mono"

9. kanaparthihemanth236

kanaparthihemanth236

can you please reply

10. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

I suspect you didn't include all the files from the build into your installer. Did you try comparing the file list?

11. Xeculies

Xeculies

Ive just downloaded unity for the first time, i keep trying to open projects but halfway through the opening it says "Failed to load mono. Please read editor.log for more information" or something along the lines of that. Does anybody know what to do? BTW if it helps im on windows 11

12. zicrus

zicrus

I have seen 3 different people get this error and all of them were using windows 11. I'm beginning to think that might be the problem. According to this message, it should (maybe?) be fixed in 2023.1.0a26: https://forum.unity.com/threads/fai...s-error-meassage-on-windows-11-arm64.1383264/

13. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

That specific issue you linked only affects ARM64 build option which was added in 2023.1.

Generally, Failed To Load Mono message means that for whatever reason mono-2.0-bwgc.dll failed to load. That could include incomplete game download, AV software flagging it (unlikely, since it's signed) or not a full build being packaged. Does this happen to only very few people in your case, while using the exact same download?

14. noobdev356

noobdev356

yeah i ahve windows 11 too and get the same error

15. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Can you elaborate?

16. DukeNukem777

DukeNukem777

I had this error and fit was fixed when i updated my project to a newer unity version