Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Failed To Load Mono On Really Old Builds

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Kragh, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Kragh

Kragh

I have a ton of old projects from pre Unity 5 (Around 2008-2009), and none of them can get upgraded correctly to a current version of Unity. All components have missing references (missing mono scripts), and mesh filters also have missing meshes. No errors. Just faulty projects all round.
    Well, ok, I can accept the fact that such old projects will fail to upgrade, what do I expect :D
    At least I have all the test builds I made! Right? I can see them there: Build_001, _002 and so on. Great!
    No..! None of them run at all, and fails with this message:

FailedMono.png

We are talking around 20 different projects, and all the various test builds I made while working on them. Around two years of my professional life in the business.
    I have always made an effort of backing up my previous work, so as to having it as a sort of proof of my past efforts. Like saving pictures, you know. Nostalgia.
    And now I actually need one of them as a proof of concept.
    But, are they really gone? Is there anything I can do? This is so sad. Why save all this stuff, if it just fails anyways. Dammit.
    Maybe I actually have to find an old machine with Windows 7, or whatever I was running at the time?
    I did try changing the compatibility mode for the .exe file, still no luck. Please help me out if possible!
    And if you want to have a go at one of the builds (Or projects that fails to upgrade properly), be my guest!