Search Unity

Failed to import package

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Agadhnein, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Agadhnein

Agadhnein

Hello --

I'm new to Unity and I am trying to go through the basic tutorials. The first basic tutorial (Play and Edit Mode) works fine, but the second one (Game Objects & Components - Rigidbodies to the rescue) gives me an error that says it fails to import the package. I went to the folder and tried opening it up directly from the folder and I get another error message saying that it could not decompress the package ( I assume to open it up in Unity and teach me how to do stuff?).

Does anyone know how to fix this issue so that it works properly and I can continue with the basic tutorials? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Not knowing which tutorial you are using, what package are you trying to import? What version of Unity? Can you provide a link to the tutorial step?

3. Agadhnein

Agadhnein

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Sorry, without going through the entire tutorial, can you elaborate which package you are trying to import? And Unity version?

5. Agadhnein

Agadhnein

It's the entire package for all of lesson 2 Game Objects and Components in the beginner tutorial section. It can't even open up that lesson from the tutorial at all.

That being said, Unity did just tell me there's an update required to the newest version, so I'm doing that now and hopefully that will fix the issue :)

6. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Understood. I see now that you mean the entire tutorial package, not a single package within the tutorial. I just installed it myself on 2017.3, and saw no issues.

Agadhnein likes this.
  7. Agadhnein

Agadhnein

Fantastic. I believe 2017.3 is what my unity is being updated to at the current moment so hopefully the issue will be resolved!

Thank you very much, Jeff!

8. r2float

r2float

Same problem here.I've downloaded the earlier version 2017.3 and set as preferred. But same error occurred again.(MacOS)

9. Makotech

Makotech

I have been having that problem for months now, I cannot import or decompress any asset file from the asset store to tutorial assert packs, it keeps saying failed to decompress, even in my import asset menu option, I on,y have the custom option, all the others are removed.
    I have installed 5 or 6 versions since this started and none of the newer versions seems to help, I even uninstalled completely and did a fresh instal, and have the same issues, I have purchased loads of expensive tutorials and asset packs and am really unhappy about this.