Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Networking Failed to connect to core.cloud.unity3d.com port 443: Timed Out (Urgent!)

Discussion in '5.4 Beta' started by MrLucid72, Jun 10, 2016.

1. MrLucid72

MrLucid72

Failed to connect to core.cloud.unity3d.com port 443: Timed Out

1. What happened
    I open Unity beta b20. I click on Services (mini cloud btn). I click "Refresh Access". It'll instantly say "Permissions Refreshed", but nothing happens. Few minutes later, it'll say "Timed Out" (see Title above). I have internet access or you wouldn't see this report :)

2. How we can reproduce it using the example you attached

See #1 - nothing special done.

-- You should not show permissions refreshed until it's ACTUALLY refreshed ;)
    -- Until actually refreshed, show a "Refreshing.." status txt
    -- If timed out, and internet exists (ping Google's 8.8.8.8, not your own servers, in case they're down), show suggestions on what to do. In my case, I have no idea what to do except file a bug report.

GIF vid >> http://recordit.co/YyKrSGeoHy

I'd love a follow up how to fix this. I can't get in with my team :(

2. holliebuckets

holliebuckets

Hi Dylan!
    The team chatted pretty extensively this morning. There are a couple things going on and all of them are "bad messaging" related. "Refresh access" has a slightly different function than what you were expecting, but that is again on us for not messaging appropriately.

Until we get better error messages, a work around for this scenario would be to Right Click>Reload the Services window. That will refresh the link to core.cloud.unity3d.com (as you were expecting the Refresh access button to do).

3. MrLucid72

MrLucid72

Hi - thanks for looking into this. Unfortunately, the issue persists. Upon right click>reload the services window, I experienced the same next steps. I still cannot get anything to work in regards to cloud services on this machine :/

4. holliebuckets

holliebuckets

Go ahead and submit a bug. Ping me the case # and we'll look into it further :)

Just checking, so please don't be offended, are you signed into the correct account? (Do you have more than one Unity account?)