Search Unity

failed to allocate offmeshlink exceeding maximum count 65535

Discussion in 'Navigation' started by radiantboy, Dec 20, 2019.

1. radiantboy

radiantboy

Ive strarted seeing this in my game, any ideas why it has just started happenign and how to resolve? I have a very large scene split into 3 cities, is there a way to have a different navmesh for each one ?

2. Whipexx_DigitalSun

Whipexx_DigitalSun

Never encountered that particular issue, but from my experience the base pathfinding has a bad time with really large/complex surfaces. You might also get partial paths when you should be getting complete ones due to length.
    ¿Do you really get a path that goes through more than 65k links? If so maybe try to reduce that amount of offmeshLinks.
    You can split the navmesh, but as far as I know I'm afraid you'll need to handle paths that cross navmeshes yourself.
    You could also try using a custom nav Agent if the problem is on the NavAgent side and not the actual path calculation; if it is you could use the NavMeshQuery (still experimental).

radiantboy likes this.
  3. radiantboy

radiantboy

Looks like I had everything marked navigation static, including plants etc, managed to get it below by changing some items to none nav static. Thanks!..