Search Unity

Failed Certification

Discussion in 'Tizen' started by Green-Sauce-Games, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Green-Sauce-Games

Green-Sauce-Games

Hi!
    My game failed certification with this problem, but I think it does not make sense at all :

[Defect]
    An API, which is not officially documented in the Tizen SDK, has been used in the source code of the Application package.

[Expected Result]
    APIs that are not officially documented in the Tizen SDK should not be used in the source code of Application packages.

It reported that this was the invalid code :
    Code (csharp):
    1. std::__throw_out_of_range_fmt(char const*, ...)[queensgarden]__fdelt_chk[queensgarden]
    Any suggestion what where should I look at?

2. Green-Sauce-Games

Green-Sauce-Games

3. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Its sad to know this because what happens is we spend time making good games and then you get the 5 minute Crap porting so someone thinks they can make some money...

4. trysolving

trysolving

Hi , Just a naive doubt,

Is this piece of code from your app?
    1. std::__throw_out_of_range_fmt(char const*, ...)[queensgarden]__fdelt_chk[queensgarden]

5. Green-Sauce-Games

Green-Sauce-Games

I does not use nothing like this, but I use some other assets that I can not be sure what they use or not... but I searched and could not find anything like this.
    But "throw_out_of_range_fmt" seems something very basic, probably from engine itself.

6. GlobalTechApps

GlobalTechApps

Official Samsung Employee

Hi, I would like to know if you are using any open source libraries like OpenCV (OpenCV for unity asset).

7. Green-Sauce-Games

Green-Sauce-Games

No I don't Use OpenCV.

I do use :
    - CameraShake, EasySprites, EasyTouch, JsonDotNet, LeanTween, SoundManagerPro, Spine, 2dToolkit, TextMeshPro, I2Localization

8. GlobalTechApps

GlobalTechApps

Hi, I would like to know the unity and tizen sdk versions used in building the app

9. Green-Sauce-Games

Green-Sauce-Games

Unity 5.5b6
    Tizen 2.4 SDK

10. trysolving

trysolving

Hi Green-Sauce-Games, what is the api-version in your Tizen manifest file? If it is 2.3 , then can you change it to 2.4 and update and resubmit? since you seem to be using Tizen 2.4

11. Green-Sauce-Games

Green-Sauce-Games

Hi @trysolving

How can I do that? I found the manifest file inside the .tpk file after Unzipping it! Can I change it there, zip it again and then rename to TPK?

I could not find the manifest file in Unity Project.

12. trysolving

trysolving

Try out this approach to modify the file and repack

Considering workspce as your tizen workspace and unityapp.tpk as your .tpk file

1. Unzip unityapp.tpk

2. Open the unityapp folder(formed after unzipping the .tpk file), open tizen-manifest.xml file -> change api-version to 2.4

3. Again zip the unityapp with tpk extension. For that goto cmd prompt, navigate to unityapp folder(cd unityapp) and execute the following cmd
    zip -r ../unityapp1.tpk * (you can rename the tpk, here i renamed it as unityapps1)

4. Signing the unityapp1.tpk using tizen cli

First set the default signing profile, navigate to tizen-sdk\tools\ide\bin and execute the following cmd to set default signing profile

tizen cli-config -l "default.profiles.path=C:\workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.tizen.common.sign\profiles.xml"

Then sign the unityapp1.tpk using tizen cli, for that execute the following cmd
    tizen package --type tpk --sign zenapps(here enter your signing profile name you gave while creating the certificate in tizen IDE) -- E:\builds\unityapp1.tpk(here enter the path to unityapp1.tpk)

Finally unityapp1.tpk is your build which can be uploaded to the store

13. Green-Sauce-Games

Green-Sauce-Games

Hi @trysolving

I'm using Windows, and I followed all the steps that you recommended (But I ziped the folder on Windows instead on Command Prompt because Windows does not seems to have a command prompt zip command). But when uploading the TPK it failed with this error :

Code (csharp):
    2. Warning
    4. Manifest.xml (or Config.xml) cannot be read from the tpk (or wgt) file registered.
    5. Please visit IDE to download a new manifest.xml file and upload it again.
    6. Please check the location of the file as the file must exist in the tpk (or wgt) file for a normal upload.
    7. (The folder name is case sensitive.)
    11. OK

14. trysolving

trysolving

oh.. let me check

15. FiveFingers

FiveFingers

Green Sauce, our app doesn't start on reviewers devices,
    no matter what.
    Is working on the emulator. We switch to mobile, then compile the bdk which is successfully signed (reading Unity console).
    The app is rejected because: "Application do not execute".
    What could be ?

16. FiveFingers

FiveFingers

With new version, choosing ALL and empty line, if finally created the tpk for the device,
    still the default build config states: DEBUG and not RELEASE.

17. trysolving

trysolving

Hi

Five fingers, To me it looks like your app consumes more memory than that available on device (reviewers device)

2 points.

1. When you tested on emulator image, what is the RAM configuration of the image that you created?
    You can try on 2 images one with 1GB ram and other with 0.75MB RAM which are the tizen device configurations.
    If it runs on both, then problem is something else.
    If it runs on 1GB RAM device and not on 0.75MB RAM, may be its the app consuming memory.. try to optimize?

2. When you submitted on the store, which Tizen devices did you choose? All or Z1, Z3
    Same logic applies here also If you choose ALL, they will test it on Z1,Z2 and Z3
    If your app needs minimum of 1GB RAM , then choose devices as only Z2 and Z3 may be
    (if the rules dont block you to do so..)

My two cents...

18. trysolving

trysolving

FiveFingers - Debug is right. No need to worry about Release i guess

19. FiveFingers

FiveFingers

Ok, well I think I tried both 1GB and 512MB of RAM configuration for the emulator, is for all 4 devices/5
    I am thinking I was submitting the Emulator build, waiting now for next Validation

20. GlobalTechApps

GlobalTechApps

Hi, Green-Sauce-Games
    Use any zip software with cmd line utility for zipping with .tpk extension. Don't zip the app directly as it get zipped with some default (.zip) extension, use a cmd line utility. For example, you can use Info-Zip or 7 zip softwares

21. FiveFingers

FiveFingers

Since I installed the latest Tizen package on 5.5b6 no matter what I do, it doesn't run the app on the emulator anymore :(

22. trysolving

trysolving

oh.. Does it install successfully and fails to come up - Fivefingers?

23. FiveFingers

FiveFingers

In the case of the device build, yes, Tizen Store complains about this and they show me video,
    I suspect the Emulator version was sent to them.
    Now that I compiled for "ALL" it created my two new folders (DEVICE and EMULATOR) with two tpk in there, but now I can't run on emulator the app anymore, it complains a folder doesn't exist. It probably seek the old path :-\

24. FiveFingers

FiveFingers

Ok first problem passed. It was a wrong build (emulator).
    Now I have only the problem to start the app on emulator again.
    Thank you