Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Failed Builds - Invalid Dependencies

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by ickydime, Dec 10, 2019.

1. ickydime

ickydime

I am getting the following error on iOS and Android:

100: [Unity] An error occurred while resolving packages:
    101: [Unity] Project has invalid dependencies:
    102: [Unity] com.unity.ide.vscode: Package [com.unity.ide.vscode@1.1.3] cannot be found

Note: Builds compile fine locally.

I am using Unity 2019.2.13f and the cloud seems to being using 2019.2.14. I just started updating to 2019.2.15 to see if I can at least re-create the error.

I've tried both hitting build and clean build in the cloud settings to kick off a build.

I saw that cloud build is flagged as 'degraded service' on the Unity Status page, but it only mentions slow queue times rather than faulty builds.

A side issue I am having is when I start two builds and 1 fails, the other never starts. It just says I have 1 pending build running and sits there for 20 minutes (before I hit cancel). If I build iOS and Android 1 at a time they at least start. Though they do fail pretty quickly once they pass the queue.

Any thoughts of what I can do besides continue to build locally?

2. victorw

victorw

That package was added to your manifest when someone in your team updated their Unity version to 2019.2.15f1. The Editor currently has no clean mechanism to downgrade Unity versions short of deleting your manifest, so that project can no longer build on 2019.2.14f1. You can edit the manifest by hand to resolve this - deleting the reference to
    com.unity.ide.vscode
    should be sufficient, but it will just reappear next time someone opens the project in 2019.2.15+ so updating the version in UCB is probably the best approach.

happylele2020 likes this.
  3. ickydime

ickydime

Ah! Thank you so much for the quick response. I blame the art team ;)

Interesting that it worked locally for 13f but not in the cloud. I just finished installing 15f and it worked locally. I then kicked off a cloud build and it failed. It is set to use the latest 2019.2 but I'm guessing the cloud is still using 14. Logs show it noted last build was 15f but then looks like it kicked off a 14 build.

Also, have the side issue again where Android failed a bit ago and iOS is sitting on 'Currently running 1 other builds for this org'. Last time I let it sit there for 20minutes. Maybe it eventually breaks out of that cycle.

Anyways, I'll revert my manifest and that should fix it. Thanks for the help.