Search Unity

Fail to open project from Unity Hub

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by zzzxxx2000, Jan 19, 2020.

1. zzzxxx2000

zzzxxx2000

I am using unity hub 2.2.2 with unity 2019.2.18f1. It can create a new project, but failed to open an existing project. When I click on an exist project, it jumps to the unity-start-up-picture and goes back to unity hub later.
    How to fix the problem?

2. AGENT_GAMER

AGENT_GAMER

Hi, may be you have to re-install it. For me was imposible to add an existing project. The solution I found is to create a new project, then close it, and try to add existing project. Worked for me. I hope you find a solution soon.

3. WorldWideGlide

WorldWideGlide

I have the exact same issue. The unity editor will not open a project and I get returned to the hub screen. I suspect it's a problem with the license. Can we get some unity support on this issue? The editor failing to open with no error message is unacceptable.

4. Pixel2015

Pixel2015

Same here, reinstall didn't help I am not able to use unity with Personal or Pro license :/

gajjarrajeshree27 likes this.
  5. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Community Engagement Manager PSM

I'll move this over to the Hub forum so the team there can take a look.

Im_new_to_coding_kid likes this.
  6. FunniDeveloper

FunniDeveloper

I'm having the same problem. I'm getting a pop up saying "Project failed to open" And before that it said "Unable to create project".

7. Stormyzz

Stormyzz

Same here won’t open project

8. ImmersiumStudioDeveloper

ImmersiumStudioDeveloper

Same here with unity 2019.4.5f1, I sent a message some days ago with the same problem.

https://forum.unity.com/threads/license-problems-with-unity-2019-4-5f1.1203118/

Mi "solution" is update the project to 2019.4.14f1 and fix al errors/incompatibilities. For now, it works for this project, the problem is that we have a lot of projects with this version and we cannot update all projects to a new Unity version and fix all incompatibilities...

9. ImmersiumStudioDeveloper

ImmersiumStudioDeveloper

Seems that old unity versions can't detect the license or the unity hub installation, I reinstaled the unity hub and the beta version and has the same problem... seems there's a problem with som references with unity hub and old unity versions.

Please fix it... or sent a posibility to download old unity hub versions.

10. DJakaj

DJakaj

I tried to open a new project I just created but this keeps showing up:
    upload_2022-1-19_17-8-47.png

Please help me fix it.

11. Grassmann3001

Grassmann3001

I`m having the exact same problem as @DJakaj I create a new project, and it appears on My Projects, when I try to open I get the same error message

12. Twentyone21-Josef

Twentyone21-Josef

Try to change the project path to C:\users\username\ this fixed it for me.

13. K4Gura_

K4Gura_

Nope, doesn't work

14. TotallyNotAGameDev1

TotallyNotAGameDev1

don't you just hate it when you're trying to find a solution, and everyone is just saying "Same here"

15. dn135lozovanu

dn135lozovanu

I just found out that Unity is not even saving the project on the disk i checked and windows found nothing. I think this might be the problem

16. Gaming_with_D

Gaming_with_D

did anyone fix this problem? I got the same!

17. Gaming_with_D

Gaming_with_D

same :(

18. DamianoP

DamianoP

Same problem....
    Unity Hub 3.1.1, Unity Editor 2020.3.31f1

Rodmatronic likes this.
  19. DamianoP

DamianoP

I solved the problem.
    I downloaded Unity Hub 2.4.5 and downgraded the software from 3.1.1 to 2.4.5.
    Now it opens all projects correctly and I have no more problems.

20. bizcet

bizcet

how did u downgrade??

21. flying_volcano_studio

flying_volcano_studio

Have you got any solution for this? I need link for unity hub 2.4.5. Unity hub 3 is not able to open my project

22. DamianoP

DamianoP

flying_volcano_studio likes this.
  23. Tyc541

Tyc541

Same Problem

24. Smiroc

Smiroc

Does the downgrade is for that case ?

25. Music_District

Music_District

I hate all of you! lol

Dill6789 and amalals like this.
  26. Music_District

Music_District

27. flying_volcano_studio

flying_volcano_studio

28. janithabimsara5

janithabimsara5

tried, but didn't work for me.

29. flying_volcano_studio

flying_volcano_studio

install unity hub 2.4.5, reinstall editor. clear caches and temp files. Locate project and try.
    I hope it help.

30. Kyleol

Kyleol

any Mac version of V2.4.5?
    Can't believe this is posted 2 years ago and the issue still exist.

Rodmatronic likes this.
  31. Msanderlin08

Msanderlin08

Hey guys. I opened up the project from the folder I placed in my Documents directory and it opened right up!

32. ar4y_dev

ar4y_dev

i just reinstall unity hub, its work for me..

33. norm2010

norm2010

in my case, it was a license issue. I could not open old projects. Unity hub displayed my license correctly (preferences::licenses) but I was unable to refresh the license. That produced an error. I removed the license and added it back and that fixed the problem.

kotoezh likes this.
  34. ily_fsl28

ily_fsl28

I have same issues with "Project failed to open" and Unity Editor can't open from Unity Hub. I'm now finally manage to solve it on Mac OS 12.3.1!.
    This is the solution that I found by myself and worked for me:
    • Install Unity Editor through the Unity Hub.
    • Open Finder go to ”Applications/Unity/Hub/Editor/[your version of Unity Editor]/Unity”.
    • Move 2 files (Unity Bug Reporter.app and Unity.app) from that directory to outside Unity folder, which is shown like in this picture below. If there are any files with the same name just click "Replace".
    • Now that 2 files are right here ”Applications/Unity/Hub/Editor/[your version of Unity Editor]"
    • Finally, open Unity Hub again and now you should be able to make new project or open your project, and of course the Unity Editor can open too now.
    Screen Shot 2022-06-14 at 23.34.53.png

But if you use Windows, I'm sorry I don't know the solution exactly. I think it's kind of same solution like Mac OS above, where you copy the Unity.exe in Program Files (I don't know), to another directory somewhere...

Last edited: Jun 15, 2022
  35. imnoobokdanicooltoo

imnoobokdanicooltoo

here is something that could cause the problem [it happend to me so i shared it, idk if this would work to anyone]
    u moved the folder/file that contains the project

36. fashrista

fashrista

For me, it has something to do with the wifi network I am using. If I am connected to some of them I cannot open my project.
    I think, but am not sure. If you do not allow Unityhub to use public or private networks it will not open your project because it can not check if your license is valid. If you for example allowed unityhub to only use private networks mybe try marking the network you are using as private. Or vice-versa.

On the right side of the taskbar, select the Wi-Fi network icon.
    Under the name of the Wi-Fi network that you're connected to, select Properties.
    Under Network profile, select Public or Private.

37. DanielIshivaev

DanielIshivaev

Same problem.
    Can't believe this is posted 4 years ago and the issue still exist.

jcquecan likes this.
  38. epicageofgamers

epicageofgamers

it's a problem with the license. First delete ulf file from + "C:\ProgramData\Unity " then Download older version of Hub and install and sign in. Now try to open an existing project if it works then uninstall the older unity hub and install newer unity hub again.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2022
  39. DerekSmart

DerekSmart

for MacBook this is ok, works, many thanks

40. liderako

liderako

I tried reinstalling hub and it doesn't help
    But! I removed licenses and closed the unity hub, after that I'm open unity hub again, and the bug was fixed

kotoezh likes this.
  41. zalakajunior12345

zalakajunior12345

i've got the same problem here
    why is unity not making adjustments concerning the newer version of the unity hub
    this thing is really becoming a pain in the ass

42. dcmrobin

dcmrobin

I solved the problem by re-installing Unity Hub and selecting the right place to install it on its setup wizard

43. Wackedout

Wackedout

This worked for me.

MikeBellot likes this.
  44. CelestialShark

CelestialShark

Years later and this is still a problem :/

driven2rise likes this.
  45. PetrZavodny

PetrZavodny

The problem still exists. Unity Hub 3.4.1. I'm switching between a work account and a personal account and every time I want to add a project I have to uninstall Unity Hub and install it again. The only way to run projects without this dance is through Rider after reinstalling the hub and running the project through the hub. Once run through the hub, I can run projects from Rider where projects launch without fail. But adding a project from the repo is painful and extremely frustrating. I mean - common! What good it brings to Unity to block users from opening projects!

46. JotaRata

JotaRata

This issue is still on 2023. I wan't to create a project using Unity 2019.4 but Hub doesn't even create the folder for it.

47. MikeBellot

MikeBellot

Want to call this out as a working solution, when all else failed.
    In Licenses, clicked 'Return license' then requested a new one.

Tried creating a new project again and it's working as it should! Thanks Liderako. Only wasted about 2hrs trying to get it working.

48. dynamicvoltagegames

dynamicvoltagegames

This still isn't a solution. It's great that it worked for you, but there's more to this. It's something broken within Unity and you just got lucky and somehow reset whatever was broken. I can't open any projects in Unity 2019 or 2020. He has to be 2021 or above. Ridiculous that they haven't fixed this - but expected.

driven2rise likes this.
  49. superdevs

superdevs

Would love to know how you did this. I read your instructions but they didn't quite make sense to me. How did you remove the apps from their folder and still make it work?

50. anamusculita12

anamusculita12

hello!! I may be late...but in case someone has this issue and finds this page, I'd want them to see this....
    basically, I had the same issue...I had the 2022.3.4f1 (also had a project made with this one) unity version and then installed the 2022.3.6f1..
    I tried to open that project with the other version (not the one it was created with), but it showed me the exact same thing that it showed u.
    I did that a couple of times...and then I couldn't see my project in "projects" anymore, so I pressed "open" and selected the project from the folder I put it in...it had the version I created it in
    so, I tried changing it from the " editor version" dropdown and it worked this time!
    I suggest u guys try this...I don't guarantee that it will work for u too...but it is worth a try (nothing special..I know..but worked)