Search Unity

Question Fade In / Out using URP with MultiView

Discussion in 'VR' started by marcuslelus, Sep 13, 2021.

1. marcuslelus

marcuslelus

I've been following this tutorial to make a Fader in XR, but it doesn't work with MultiView (nor Single pass Instanced). I enabled Post-processing like some of the comment pointed out, but it still didn't work.

Now here's my question. I really like the fact that I don't have to put a canvas/panel in front of the camera and change its transparency, but is it more efficient to do what's done in the video? And if so, how can I make it work with MultiView?

I also tried using a shader made with the Shader Graph and it works well with Multi-Pass, but doesn't work with Single Pass Instanced / Multiview.

Note: The Fade always works in the Scene View, regardless of the Stereo Rendering Mode, but of course, doesn't work in the Game View, in the Quest 2, with Oculus Link, etc.

Thanks for any help I can get!

2. DevDunk

DevDunk

Try the Tunneling Pro asset

3. marcuslelus

marcuslelus

So I've tried the Tunneling Pro asset, but as far as I know, it only does tunneling / vignette. I haven't been able to do a complete black screen with it. Tho the Tunneling Mobile script seems pretty neat. I guess if I could change the shader it uses or something, it would work..

4. DevDunk

DevDunk

Oh my bad. If nothing works you can just put a sphere on the players head with inverted normals and fade that to black :)

5. marcuslelus

marcuslelus

No worry :) I was trying to avoid that, just to avoid some "dependencies" and some overdraw. At least for the overdraw, I can simply disable the sphere when it's faded out and re-enable it for the fade in.

DevDunk likes this.