Search Unity

Question Facing some issue with lightning on mobile devices.

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by VentaGames, Apr 29, 2022.

1. VentaGames

VentaGames

Hello, to be short and quick, i have a main scene and additive scene with all level geometry and lightning.
    Currently, directional light is set to realtime shadows. On editor I have no issues, all appeared as expected.
    However, I see that on mobile when I load my level for the first time, the shadows appeared a bit lighter. But when I quit to the main menu and then load the same level once again, the scene and shadows look darker.
    I'm seeing this a few months ago. Now I have multiple levels, all of them with different lightning settings, like nights, days, etc... Some scenes have realtime shadows, some mixed, but the lightning behavior works the same for all these levels. On the first level load (main scene-> additive level scene) all shadows and scenes look brighter, but then, quitting to the main menu scene and back to any of these levels makes them look darker (which actually I'm expecting they should look).

Check the screenshots:

The first one - first load.
    The second one - next loads.

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. kristijonas_unity

kristijonas_unity

Unity Technologies

This issue has already been fixed in the latest 2022.2 alpha release. Backports to 2022.1 and 2021.3 LTS are under consideration.

3. VentaGames

VentaGames

Thanks for the reply.
    Maybe any workaround for this? I'm currently using Unity 2021.3.

4. kristijonas_unity

kristijonas_unity

Unity Technologies