Search Unity

Faceted style creatures for your game!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Meshtint, Apr 2, 2018.

1. Meshtint

Meshtint

I think we might have what you are looking for :) Stay tuned for more updates!

rafaelrbenavent and genaray like this.
  2. genaray

genaray

That sounds great ! I hope they have some changeable armor parts aswell ;) For example it would be great if you could assign a whole low poly breastplate to them and that breastplate will animate along with the low poly character ! :D

It would be amazing if those characters would have nearly the same size as those ones from the chubby package :)

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
  3. Meshtint

Meshtint

You mean attaching additional breastplate to the character? A little bit tricky because unlike weapons like sword, the breastplate will need to be skinned/rigged in order for it to animate along with the character

Chubby Package? Which package are you referring to?

genaray likes this.
  4. genaray

genaray

Well a bit tricky, but totally worth it :D Until now I didn't saw any assets that support some system like that... So im probably not the only one who searches for something like that ;)

Oh im sorry... not chubby... I mean the chibi characters pack ! :)

Meshtint likes this.
  5. Meshtint

Meshtint

I see. Currently the best we can do is to set it up like Chibi Characters. Are you using Chibi Characters pack? In Chibi Series, We skinned the armors and then Users can turn it on or off manually or codes during game play.

genaray likes this.
  6. genaray

genaray

Yep... and honestly... thats why I stoped using it... I mean its a good system for cloth, but a bad one ( In my case ) for armor & gear... it just doesnt look realistic & interesting enough. With equipable mesh armor ( skinned of course ) you could add much more detail, depth and forms to it. So an asset featuring such a system would be great :)

7. Meshtint

Meshtint

Mesh armor is equip-able in Chibi pack too. Just that instead of attaching it, you switch them on or off using codes. Not possible for your gameplay?

genaray likes this.
  8. genaray

genaray

As far as I know you can only equip armor parts in chibi... for example shoulder plates or belts and stuff like that :) But in my case I need a whole equipable mesh armor set which animates along the player, or at least a animated breast mesh plate ;)

9. rafaelrbenavent

rafaelrbenavent

Would love to see polygonal fantasy characters as well.

Meshtint likes this.
  10. Meshtint

Meshtint

Hi everyone! Good news. Polygonal Fantasy Pack is live on Unity Asset Store now! Shop here.

Polygonal Fantasy Pack is a 3D assets pack with modular 3D characters and environment props in faceted style for your game development.

Customize the look of your fantasy characters with attachable accessories and weapons like pauldrons, necklaces, swords, wands, shields and helmets etc. Change character's face to create different heroes for your game. Change character's costumes to give them a different work class like knight, mage and archer!

Below are some examples of the characters we have created using Polygonal Fantasy Pack

Environment props are also included in the package. See below.

Check out the demo video here!

11. PsychoticLab

PsychoticLab

Is it within your skillset to add locomotion/in feet to the quadrupeds in the Polygonal - Creatures Pack? I bought the pack, all bipeds are mecanim so they work great with standard ik, currently searching for a solution for the 4+ legged characters. Even if you rig legs with pole targets it would help a ton!

Meshtint likes this.
  12. Meshtint

Meshtint

Hi! I think there are some plug ins in asset store to help you with that. We found this. Let me know if it helps!

13. Meshtint

Meshtint

New Polygonal Skeleton Pack is added to the store! Shop here

14. Valkrysa_Herja

Valkrysa_Herja

Salutations,
    I was wondering if there was enough interest in doing Polygonal series "versions" of previous packs in other series.

For example, I think the "Dark Creatures" is a very good previous set, but it would not blend well alongside the Polygonal series such as the Polygonal Aliens pack.
    As such I think it would be valuable to sell a new asset which is a version of the previous sets but in the Polygonal style.

Meshtint likes this.
  15. Meshtint

Meshtint

It's on the roadmap! We will be working on it very very soon :)

At the meantime, check out the upcoming Polygonal Frightfly

Valkrysa_Herja likes this.
  16. Meshtint

Meshtint

It's been a while since we release a new polygonal creature! Polygonal Frightfly is coming soon to Unity asset store!

17. Meshtint

Meshtint

Polygonal Frightfly is live on Unity asset store! Shop here :)

18. Meshtint

Meshtint

A new Polygonal creature is coming soon! Stay tuned!

19. Meshtint

Meshtint