Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions by the end of July. Read our announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

[FaceCapture] Feedback

Discussion in 'Virtual Production' started by GeniusKoala, May 18, 2021.

1. HIBIKI_entertainment

HIBIKI_entertainment

It only works in the Apple ARKit space.
    Because of the use of the hardware +ARkit on newer phones and iPads only ( like the face tracking with depth map)

There shouldn't be an issue recording face data from any source and putting it through ARKit blends ( or unity in general) but you would have to fill in the workflow blanks.

2. akent99

akent99

I am hopeful Android will one day be supported - https://developers.google.com/ar/develop/c/augmented-faces/overview (ML models for capture without need for special hardware, available on Android), but no experience with it. I have also heard of Tensorflow JavaScript models that can run in web browsers (again, no experience, but promising). The whole area seems to be making a lot of interesting progress.

newguy123 likes this.
  3. jeffsarge

jeffsarge

Just curious. I know audio recording is planned but was wondering if it will be available anytime in the near future.
    Another request would be offline recording into the app that generates an animation clip that can be imported into Unity.
    Thanks,
    Jeff

4. joshuaholzfurtner

joshuaholzfurtner

Hello, I also have the problem that after exactly 7 seconds the connection ist cut every recording. Has anybody found a way to resolve this issue? I got a iPhone12 and am using Unity 2021.3.14 on Mac.

5. joshuaholzfurtner

joshuaholzfurtner

(Ive disabled the firewall)

6. marc_tanenbaum

marc_tanenbaum

Unity Technologies