Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Facebook SDK Problem

Discussion in '5.6 Beta' started by atmuc, Dec 19, 2016.

1. atmuc

atmuc

i import facebook sdk 7.9.0. i get following error. I think unity adds buildin facebook sdk.

error CS1704: An assembly with the same name `Facebook.Unity' has already been imported. Consider removing one of the references or sign the assembly
    Library/FacebookSDK/Facebook.Unity.dll (Location of the symbol related to previous error)
    Assets/FacebookSDK/Plugins/Facebook.Unity.dll (Location of the symbol related to previous error)
    error CS1704: An assembly with the same name `Facebook.Unity.Settings' has already been imported. Consider removing one of the references or sign the assembly
    Library/FacebookSDK/Facebook.Unity.Settings.dll (Location of the symbol related to previous error)
    Assets/FacebookSDK/Plugins/Settings/Facebook.Unity.Settings.dll (Location of the symbol related to previous error)

lexi89puzzle and Poemind like this.
  2. hencz

hencz

what is your build target?

3. atmuc

atmuc

4. hencz

hencz

Then I don't think you need to add a facebook sdk explicitly, try removing it

5. atmuc

atmuc

@hencz When i remove it, it works. my game is not just for facebook. for android and ios i must keep facebook sdk in my project. so it is not good for me to remove it on each facebook build.

6. jonas-echterhoff

jonas-echterhoff

Unity Technologies

The idea is that any Facebook SDK you include in your project should override the built-in one. However, this is broken in 5.6 right now. It will be fixed in 5.6 later, but for now, you should either delete the SDK in your project to make it work, or disable it for Standalone and WebGL platforms (in the plugin inspector of the dlls) to work around the problem.

7. atmuc

atmuc

8. creat327

creat327

it doesn't work, even if you try to run it for windows universal 10, you'll get an error if you have the sdk imported. And if you remove it, then all hell breaks lose in the other platforms

9. jonas-echterhoff

jonas-echterhoff

Unity Technologies

I guess you may have to disable it for the editor as well. Or wait for the fix, which will be in a future 5.6 build.

10. MrLucid72

MrLucid72