Search Unity

Facebook SDK: Module Not Found

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by renman3000, Jan 16, 2020.

1. renman3000

renman3000

Hi there,
    - I am using the Facebook SDK (7.18.0), imported into Unity (2019.2.12f1). I built to iOS.
    - I installed the FBSDKCoreKit via Terminal, so it exists in the Pods folder in Xcode.

However when I build to device, I get an error, claiming that the Module FBDSKCoreKit, cannot be found.

I am at a bit of a loss.
    Any ideas?

2. Havokki

Havokki

I'm also facing this issue at the moment.

I have already tried messing with the podfile versions (tried 5.2, 5.5, 5.8 and 5.14), but that didn't help. I also tried adding modular_headers="true" to the Dependencies.xml in Facebook SDK, which seemed to fix compilation on my MacBook, but not on our build machine. Both machines had the same Xcode and podfiles, so not sure why it compiled only on one machine.

EDIT: To clarify, in the Dependencies.xml there is a list of iosPod elements, and I added the modular_headers attribute to each of them.

renman3000 likes this.
  3. renman3000

renman3000

Hi there,
    I am getting some good help via this thread, I hope you can access it. We have not yet solved it, but there is a very good man on the case.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Ind...579187513133062&notif_t=group_comment_mention

4. Havokki

Havokki

Thanks for the link!

Due to being in a hurry (supposed to release next week), I reverted back to older Facebook SDK (7.17.2), but still had the same issue. I then deleted all cocoapod caches, changed the SDK to depend on specific versions instead of using the "optimistic version" (the ~> syntax)
    Code (CSharp):
    1. OLD: <iosPod name="FBSDKCoreKit" version="~> 5.5" />
    2. NEW: <iosPod name="FBSDKCoreKit" version="5.6" />
    3. (5.6 instead of 5.5 because of another plugin's dependencies)
    It now compiles and seems to be working. Unfortunately I couldn't get it working with the newer versions.

In case you are able to get the new SDK working for you, it would be great if you could share your findings, since we're surely going to update the SDK at some point.

renman3000 likes this.
  5. renman3000

renman3000

Hi there,
    Well my solution was that, I had an older project that had a working SDK. My only thinking is that, in my case was this... I switched publishers and they wanted a different SDK set up, but using the same SDK's so I deleted the old ones, and replaced them with the new ones.

My guess is somewhere, somehow, some files got lost, misplaced... Totally unsure. Anyhow, I just reverted back to an old project.

Sorry, I am not much help here.

Havokki likes this.
  6. LimeJuice

LimeJuice

Same issue here, very frustrating.
    Any updates?

7. renman3000

renman3000

Not particularly.

I was lucky tho, in that I had an earlier version I had published to test the market (in hyper casual) under publisher X, they use a custom Unity Package, that carries all the SDKs. This version worked fine. The issue came when I switched publishers and installed the raw SDKs from Facebook etc.

So, I just went back to an earlier project, made the updates I needed, and ditched the the project using the raw SDKs.