Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Facebook SDK] How to get and test deferred app link when clicking friend's AppRequests in Facebook?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by skykevin9, Jul 9, 2019.

1. skykevin9

skykevin9

Hi all,

We are integrating Unity Facebook SDK into our game.

When we send an App Request to a friend who hasn't involved in our game, he clicks the notification in FB app and goto the App Store to download the game. Then we can use FB.Mobile.FetchDeferredAppLinkData to get the deferred app link data, but my question is how to test it?

We know there is an App Ads Helper here (https://developers.facebook.com/tools/app-ads-helper) which can be used to test deep link. But I don't think this is what I wanted because the notification sent by this tool is different from the notification sent by Game Requests.

If I simply clicked the notification sent by Game Request and go to App Store(but since my app has not been released, it cannot be installed from App Store), then install the app by Xcode, I cannot get the app link data by neither FB.Mobile.FetchDeferredAppLinkData nor FB.GetAppLink.

Anyone has made this successful? Thanks. :)

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
    JonPQ likes this.
  2. JonPQ

JonPQ

any luck with this ? we have same issue... has FB removed deep linking support? FB docs are contradictory and useless.

burakyildizhan321 likes this.
  3. aaron-PlayQ

aaron-PlayQ

Same issue here.

burakyildizhan321 likes this.