Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Facebook leaderboard after policy change

Discussion in 'Android' started by kaiyum, Dec 16, 2018.

1. kaiyum

kaiyum

Facebook recently changed their policy and now we can not do "me/scores" or "me/friendlist". But we can do "user_friends"("me/friends" in graph api) which gives us a list of friends who installed the app and subsequently logged in with "user_friend" permission. You can only use "user_friends" permission if you request for approval and facebook approves it. In this dark hours, how would you folk implement facebook leaderboard where player can see their scores as well as his/her friend's too in the leaderboard?

Unity Version: 2017.4.9f1
    Platform: Android and iOS
    Facebook sdk: 7.14.1

2. ioane37

ioane37

Have you solved it? if so please let me know it's already 3 days I'm trying to make score system

3. kaiyum

kaiyum

Hi, I am sorry for late reply. Lately I am been less active in the forum since I am involved in so many stuffs. So as answer I am putting this:
    FB sdk frequently changes. By the time you read it, my statement might not be valid. As far as I can remember, you have to request for permission to post score. The permission was 'Publish_Action', but now probably it has been renamed. I would not use FB sdk for leaderboard if I were you, after seeing so many obstacles. I would use playfab or google play or other backend services. Hope this helps.