Search Unity

Facebook Gameroom IAP Failed to purchase Reason: 'Unknown'

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by xzodia, Jun 21, 2017.

1. xzodia

xzodia

Hi, we have an urgent need for this issue to be fixed, please help!

All purchases made in our game on the Facebook Gameroom platform are returning a PurchaseFailureReason.Unknown but customers are still being charged.

I have explored every avenue I can think of and as far as I can tell everything is setup correctly. Products appear and purchases can be made but the resulting error means that the purchaser does not receive anything.
    I have had reports that restarting the game awards the product but I have not experienced this myself.

Unity 5.4.3p6
    Unity IAP Plugin 1.11.2

Thanks

2. JayR

JayR

Hi @xzodia

Can you confirm if the problem is still happening now or was it just occurring earlier this month?

There was a problem in Facebook's Payments system June 6-12 that resulted in an "unknown" failure being reported (with a corresponding dialog on-screen) even though the purchase had actually succeeded. We confirmed that problem was fixed last week, but if your players are still seeing it (or something similar) then we will need more detail to chase it down with Facebook. Have you been able to reproduce it?

For the problem earlier this month restarting the game did result in a pending purchase waiting at app start so your Purchase success callback would be called then.

3. xzodia

xzodia

Yes, it is happening now and it is 100% repo for me. There is no error dialog, I was only able to find the error code by upgrading the IAP plugin.

4. JayR

JayR

Are you using a Windows Standalone or WebGL Gameroom build (or both?) Can you send a log and your Facebook app ID to me via DM?

5. AlenH

AlenH

Same problem here...it worked yesterday once after that no go for 100% of tries. Just popup saying unable to process payment and that you have not been charged message. Any fresh happening around that?

6. xzodia

xzodia

Upgrading the Facebook SDK fixed it.

7. AlenH

AlenH

8. xzodia

xzodia

The sdk you added is conflicting with the built in version, you have a few options to try:
    1. Build as using Standalone (this will prevent the SDKs conflicting)
    2. You might need to update your IAP plugin, if you do need to update try removing the Facebook SDK you just added to fix the conflict, then if it still doesn't work do option 1 with both updates.

I hope that makes sense.

9. AlenH

AlenH

nope...using only unity iap FB 7.9.4 it does not process payment....FB SDK removed completely...still stucked

10. xzodia

xzodia

ok, so use both updates and build using Standalone to prevent the conflict.

11. AlenH

AlenH

Not sure how that should work but it does not:

error CS1704: An assembly with the same name `Facebook.Unity.Settings' has already been imported. Consider removing one of the references
    error CS1704: An assembly with the same name `Facebook.Unity.Settings' has already been imported. Consider removing one of the references or sign the assembly
    Library/FacebookSDK/Facebook.Unity.Settings.dll (Location of the symbol related to previous error)
    Assets/FacebookSDK/Plugins/Settings/Facebook.Unity.Settings.dll (Location of the symbol related to previous error)

Compilation failed: 1 error(s), 0 warnings
    or sign the assembly
    Library/FacebookSDK/Facebook.Unity.Settings.dll (Location of the symbol related to previous error)
    Assets/FacebookSDK/Plugins/Settings/Facebook.Unity.Settings.dll (Location of the symbol related to previous error)

Compilation failed: 1 error(s), 0 warnings

12. xzodia

xzodia

Try deleting/replacing Libraries/FacebookSDK