Search Unity

Facebook Gameroom batch build upload

Discussion in 'Windows' started by KevinGelking, Dec 14, 2017.

1. KevinGelking

KevinGelking

Hey folks,

we're working on a Facebook Gameroom port but found an inconvenience when building for Gameroom using jenkins / batch build.
    When building via Editor you have the option to compress for upload and, given an upload access token, a button to directly upload to facebook dashboard.

Via batch build or a programmatic approach, there is no option to do this, resulting in a very tedious update workflow. Currently we build via jenkins, jenkins zips and uploads to page, we manually download from page, unzip to folder, upload folder on facebook dashboard, facebook zips it again...
    There has to be a better way for this! (It does not seem possible to manually upload a 7zip or zip directly to the dashboard)

? How can we trigger a 7zip compressed build with FB Dashboard upload via script / batch command?

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
  2. _creatio_

_creatio_

Hi,

I've got the same question. After some research I found that Facebook gives almost everything for auto deployment of the builds, but no way to get the "upload access token" and it breaks the whole plot.

Would love to know if anybody found a solution for this problem?

3. _creatio_

_creatio_

Ok. I've found the solution!
    Just in case somebody will ever get stuck with it - the upload access token is eternal, so there's no need to get it each time you want to deploy a build. Just get it once - and be happy forever.