Search Unity

Audio Facebook Audio 360 (Spatial Audio) not working on iOS

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by warpvr, Jul 4, 2018.

1. warpvr

warpvr

I am trying to make the "Audio360_SDK_1.5.0" work on both Android and iOS. I am playing a .tbe file for the 360 audio. On Android it works like a charm. On iOS the 360 audio does work however when moving the camera the direction where the audio comes from is not changing.

I am using Unity 2017.4.2f2 and have the latest OS on iOS 11.4 .

Is there a fix for this or is this something Unity should fix

2. warpvr

warpvr

Update

Unity has responded with the following:

[B]Derek[/B] (Unity Technologies)

Jul 16, 11:17 UTC

Hello Adriaan.

Thanks for getting back to me with that information.

I approached the technical team regarding this and they have informed me that this is something that Facebook will have to look into and to contact that. I hope it works out okay for you. Please let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Kind Regards,
    Derek
    Customer Services Engineer

I guess we are going to play the pointing game regarding this issue. I will contact Facebook and hope they are not going to say that Unity has to solve this... :)

Great by the way to communicate with myself in this thread, next thing is that I will start having a phone call with myself and or talking to myself on the street. Also shows how little people are using 360 audio at the moment on iOS ;)

3. kevinpttrns

kevinpttrns

Hi Rijkens,

We have the same problem. No matter if we use .wav or .tbe files, spatialization works but the camera orientation has no effect. Hopefully we can have a solution before long.