Search Unity

TextMesh Pro Face Texture + SpeedX/SpeedY Issues

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by lol2dubs, May 18, 2019.

1. lol2dubs

lol2dubs

I am applying a Face texture to a TMP object and then adding 0.01 to the SpeedX and SpeedY values. This animation is going to be the main screen of my game, so I need this face texture to scroll infinitely.. imagine a person quitting the game, but just sitting on the main screen while they go to bathroom or eat dinner, whatever.

If I leave the speeds at 0.01, it begins to scroll off the edge of the image I'm using as a texture.. it essentially stretches the edge of the image forever. I've highlighted this below with yellow in the first image. The second image is the texture I am using as the face texture.

I decided to try to swap the speedX and speedY values so that the animation goes back across the image from the edge that is stretching. The third image happens immediately with my IEnumerator fires the SpeedX/SpeedY change. It essentially goes from image2 with a little stretching to image3 with a lot. If I let this loop go, I'll be completely off the image on the second iteration, even if I should be 'traveling' back in to the middle of the image with my speed changes.

This is confusing, I know, and difficult to explain. I hope I'm making sense.

Does anyone know how I can reset this or have any idea what I'm doing wrong? Is this just not possible?

Thanks!

Annotation 2019-05-18 155816.png

heic0206d_large.jpg

Annotation 2019-05-18 160351.png

2. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

Select the texture and set its Wrap Mode to Repeat as seen below. This will ensure the texture keep cycling in a continuous pattern.

upload_2019-5-18_14-42-27.png

3. lol2dubs

lol2dubs

Stephan you're incredible. Thanks so much!

Stephan_B likes this.
  4. keshav9999

keshav9999

upload_2021-5-6_17-54-28.png
    Hello, I've been using this texture and i have observed this kind of pattern, as you can see in "y", the same was happening with "q,y,p,g,j" and as if I changed value in Speed Y, while the texture was clamp, the texture was reversed and after changing texture to repeat, it's coming like this, any suggestions? I'm using this font in my whole project.

Last edited: May 6, 2021