Search Unity

Face Texture Animation

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by jurekon, Oct 12, 2022.

1. jurekon

jurekon

Hey,
    Iam trying to recreate an animal crossing character in unity but iam not sure how to deal with the facial texture animation. I have found one or two threads asking a similar question but they are very old and there is not a lot of information that would be helpful for a newbie like me. If you have an Idee how to solve this or know better source of information please let me know.

2. DimitriX89

DimitriX89

Multiple mesh layers, each containing a texture for specific mouth or eye. Then you show or hide them using Blend Shape animation. Or you can animate UV coordinates, this will require a custom shader that will let you specify UV offsets for specific regions of texture

jurekon likes this.
  3. jurekon

jurekon

Thank you very much that gave me more of an idea how to handle the eye animation. I now have the problem that the transparent eye texture is flickering those weird pixels around the eye. Depending on the angle and distance they come and disappear. I dont get why its doing this... One of you may have an idea?

Attached Files:

4. Schneider21

Schneider21

What you're describing is called Z-fighting, and it's what happens when two mesh faces share the same space with the same normal direction. The renderer can't determine which should be displayed, so it effectively shuffles between them repeatedly.

To fix this, move your face mesh layers juuuuust slightly above the other surface, as if it were a plastic film with a tiny layer of air between it and the product.

jurekon likes this.