Search Unity

face selection ProGrid

Discussion in 'World Building' started by noobing, Mar 7, 2019.

1. noobing

noobing

Hi everyone I'm new to Unity and Probuilder and would appreciate it if somebody could point out my mistake here. Im trying to use ProGrid, and using the 'face selection' to expand/ duplicate a single cube. However the face selector keeps behaving as if it were the angle selector and the cube just gets skewed and twisted out into space. I've checked and checked again, and yep im definitely using the 'face selection' tool. Please can somebody help me I'm eager to get going but cant get passed this.

2. Ritchie-J

Ritchie-J

Top left of the Unity window - select the 'Move Tool' before you use Probuilder's 'Face' selection tool.

3. noobing

noobing

I've tried this now, doesnt work. I'm only able to properly duplicate/ extend the cube if I remove the Progrid window and just use Probuilder... but thats not going to help me.

4. noobing

noobing

Please see the issue im experiencing here:

5. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi! Looks like all the points are finding a single grid point to snap to. I'd recommend lowering your Grid size. Also, there were some related bugs in ProGrids 2.x, we should have an update out in the near future (ProGrids 3.x). Sorry for the trouble!

noobing and BostonGamesLLC like this.
  6. BostonGamesLLC

BostonGamesLLC

I am having the same issue and just tried the fix. Lowering the grid size does fix this the extrusion problem, but I still get an error message and am unable to save my progress if I extrude a face in the buggy manner at any point during editing. I am not sure if you get the same error message or not?

Attached Files:

7. noobing

noobing

Thanks I'm now using an older version and it works fine

8. Frogspasm

Frogspasm

This is still happening. Really guys?