Search Unity

Face parts tracking?

Discussion in 'AR' started by w0nche0l, Jun 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. w0nche0l

w0nche0l

Is there any way in ARFoundation to get the transform of eyes/nose/mouth specifically? A cursory look in the documentation didn't reveal anything.

2. Mephesto_Khaan

Mephesto_Khaan

With ARCore subsystem you can get nosetip and forehead (left and right).
    With ARKit there was a way to get at least the eyes but seems they depreciated that plugin, as I am asking for the same:
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/arkit-eye-tracking-with-arfoundation.691330/

If they enabled eyes would be great, for the nose what I do is check the mesh vertices and find the one that is the most forward, which should be the nose tip.

3. tdmowrer

tdmowrer

ARCore and ARKit expose this information differently, so you'd need to downcast the XRFaceSubsystem to the ARCore or ARKit implementation to access this platform-specific functionality.

For ARCore's "region poses", see https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/com.unity.xr.arcore@2.1/manual/index.html#face-tracking. There's a sample called ARCoreFaceRegions.
    For ARKit's "blendshapes", see the sample called ARKitFaceBlendShapes.

4. JBMS

JBMS

Hey tdmowrer,

How about eye transforms in ARFoundation? Do we have access to those?

In the Unity ARKit Plugin, we had leftEyePose and rightEyePose on the ARFaceAnchor.

Is there an equivalent in ARFoundation or its subsystems?

5. herra_lehtiniemi

herra_lehtiniemi

@tdmowrer Thanks for the infos! I was also wondering about the face anchors - is there a way to access the position of eye brow, ear, etc on ARKit via ARFoundation?

6. KyryloKuzyk

KyryloKuzyk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.