Search Unity

Fable Style Buildings

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by j_spencer93, Jul 22, 2019.

1. j_spencer93

j_spencer93

So I am looking to make fable inspired game (yes the Microsoft game) but so far am not finding any real good tutorial how to make something similar. Anyone have any tips, experiences, or know of any tutorial that may help?

2. kdgalla

kdgalla

About buildings, specifically? You mean like the houses and castles in the game?

3. j_spencer93

j_spencer93

Yes, but they need to be enterable with a fully modeled inside as well. I might just be over thinking it all.

4. BIGTIMEMASTER

BIGTIMEMASTER

google environment 3d modeling and blender. Also modular environment design. Pluralsight has decent beginner tutorials. I cannot recommend udemy because their video player sucks and often does not work at all for me. youtube is full of goodies, of course. Polycount wiki has good info and many links to further education as well.

It's a lot to learn, will take you a year minimum most likely before you can make really good buildings properly optimized for games. A lot more time to make everything work in engine via scripting. If you wanna get anything done anytime soon, really can't expect to do it all on your own. Just learn one discipline at a time and jolly cooperate with somebody who has the other skills.

Everything is a lot harder if you are in a rush. Trying to learn properly in a rush is no good. You'll learn wrongly. You aren't going to find tutorials for whatever specific thing you want. Gotta be resourceful, and have the energy to consume everything you can find. People fail because they lack energy. Get lazy. Think they know enough. You never know enough. Always keep learning. /rant

Brokencutlass, Ryiah and Antypodish like this.
  5. Volcanicus

Volcanicus

Check out Jayanam's tutorial on making a house: