Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug F2 key does not respond!

Discussion in '2020.1 Beta' started by georgeq, Feb 28, 2020.

1. georgeq

georgeq

I use the F2 key often when I want to rename elements. But on 2020.1.0a24 this key simply does not respond.

2. Deleted User

Deleted User

Ctrl+Z doesnt' work either...

3. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

4. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Is this project specific or does it happen in a new project for you as well?

5. georgeq

georgeq

I don't think so, the bug described is apparently linked to a specific asset (the MRTK 2), but I haven't imported anything. I don't know if this has something to do or not, but, since it takes years for even empty projects to open, I haven't turned the computer off nor closed the project for last 3 days, at night I put the computer to hibernate and then in the morning I just wake it up.

I cannot tell for sure if this is project specific, I doubt it, because my project is extremely simple, is made up of; just 1 scene with just a camera and script attached to it, 3 prefabs which are basically plain quads, nothing attached to them, 2 materials, and few scripts. The only packages I've installed so far are: Entities and the Universal RP.

Also this was solved after restating the editor.... so... maybe something goes wrong when you put the computer to hibernate several times in a row.

6. Deleted User

Deleted User

Ctrl+z not working happened in different projects with different versions of 2020.1, in both Windows and Linux.

7. Deleted User

Deleted User

I know why Ctrl+z doesn't work in my case.

I'm using Unity under Linux Mint 19.3 Xfce; it appears that, when I use Ctrl+Z, I actually type Ctrl+w... My keyboard must be set to English. :)

Edit: my keyboard is not set to English, it seems that Unity doesn't recognise it and uses an English keyboard. Crap...

8. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Looks like it's a known issue: https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/product/unity/issues/guid/1186110/
    I've reached out to the team for a status update.

Deleted User likes this.
  9. Deleted User

Deleted User

Thank you! :)

I have modified the shortcuts so that they work as usual for me (Ctrl+Z into Ctrl+W, Ctrl+A into Ctrl+Q and a few others) but I'll have to do that in each new version, so I'd rather see this fixed asap.

LeonhardP likes this.