Search Unity

EZ Replay Manager

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by softrare, Jun 12, 2011.

1. softrare

softrare

This is planned for quite some time. But not yet implemented. I am unable to give an ETA at this point

The recording happens totally independent of any camera. EZR is not a screenrecorder, but a game data recorder. So everything you record can be replayed from any angle you like.

It does work, but you should be careful about how many objects and subobjects you record, and also the frames per second do play a role. If you record with too high FPS replay could get choppy.

2. jefferytitan

jefferytitan

Hi, I was wondering whether it's possible to keep a running record of the past x minutes of play in memory? I'm working on a procedural game, and the player may have no idea that something cool will happen until it's already happened. Limited replay functionality may allow them to make a short video retrospectively whenever something cool does happen. Also what kind of memory footprint does the system have?

3. softrare

softrare

Hi! Thanks for your mail. The feature you are describing is not in there atm. But it is sure possible to extend the code in a way that it works like you describe.

4. Ajacksonthebox

Ajacksonthebox

Hello again. So after a long delay I'm now beginning work on the project with the ghost player. I've purchased EZ replay manager and I've had a little mess around and I'm pretty sure it will do the job nicely. However i'm unable to figure out how to record whilst at the same time replaying the previous go or is this what you were referring to about the tweaking?

Last edited: May 27, 2015
  5. softrare

softrare

Hi! I am very sorry, I cannot go into specifics about how to record and replay at the same time. I know it is possible to implement, but when writing the system I did not take this functionality into account and thus it is not in there natively.

6. 128bit

128bit

Ive downloaded the free version, gives me many errors in unity 5.1.

7. softrare

softrare

Thanks! I will test this today!

8. Schminitz

Schminitz

Hello, I am trying the free version of EZ replay manager, but when I record an object that is destroyed (for instance, a bullet that I shot), I get the error:

MissingReferenceException: The object of type 'GameObject' has been destroyed but you are still trying to access it.
    Your script should either check if it is null or you should not destroy the object.
    SavedState.isDifferentTo (.SavedState otherState, .Object2PropertiesMapping o2m)
    Object2PropertiesMapping.insertStateAtPos (Int32 recorderPosition)
    EZReplayManager.execRecorderAction ()
    EZReplayManager.updateRecording (ActionMode action)
    EZReplayManager+<waitForNewUpdate>d__4.MoveNext ()​

I marked the object by putting in Start():

EZReplayManager.get.mark4Recording(gameObject);​

Did I miss something?

9. softrare

softrare

Hi, thanks for your message.

Try using precaching. Does that help?

10. Schminitz

Schminitz

I juste tried, this does not change anything. I tried using the Object2Record component, the mark4Recording, the 'Precache GameObjects', the 'Game Objects To Record'. This changes nothing :s

11. softrare

softrare

Hi! In that case the most efficient way I could be of help would be if you would send me the project/scene or a representation of it reporducing the problem. Is that something you could agree to?

12. Schminitz

Schminitz

I will try to make a little projet just to reproduce the bug and send it to you. Thank you for the following.

13. softrare

softrare

14. unity_sg

unity_sg

Hi, I've just bought the system and it works fine.
    I'm looking for optimization because I need to replay objects with lot of children.
    In the hierarchy I only have some objects that are moving, the others are dependant and did'nt have physics properties.
    Is it possible to keep the prefab but only record the objects that are moving ?

15. softrare

softrare

Hi! Thank you for your purchase and your message.

This is actually what happens. Only changing properties are being recorded. You can see that in SavedState.cs. It has a function which returns whether there was any change with respect to a previous "state". Depending on that, data is being created for the change or not. This is also true for children within an object hierarchy: If only the children move, only those are recorded.

Hope this helps!

16. unity_sg

unity_sg

Thanks for the quick answer.

In facts my only problem is the size of the saved file.
    It is really huge and I'm looking for a way to optimize this without any quality lost.
    I don't want to decrease the interval time parameter .

Do you maybe have some ideas ?

17. softrare

softrare

Hi! Yes, that can be very tricky. You could decrease the amount of information which is being saved on every frame (SavedState.cs). This would at the moment be the only thing I can think of.

18. unity_sg

unity_sg

I don't really understand what you are talking about.
    Can you explain please ?

19. softrare

softrare

In SavedState.cs yopu have a number of variables being recorded. By default, position, rotation and whether (legacy) particle effects are being replayed. You can remove those you don't need and save on every frame. But admittedly its not a whole lot to remove, but its a theoretical possibility.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2015
  20. unity_sg

unity_sg

Ok I understand, I will check this.

21. JF.Loh

JF.Loh

Hi tech support. I am not sure this have been asked or not but may I know whether EZ Replay can do exactly like dota2 replay system, where i could pan and view the whole scene from god's view while watching the object playback?

22. softrare

softrare

Hi! Yes, that is exactly what the plugin does :) While in replay you can choose any camera angle to view the scene ( if you don't include the active camera in the replay itsself )

23. surrealme

surrealme

hi dear tech support.,I have some question ,some of my script have [RequireComponent(typeof(Animator))],and an error occurred:
    Can't remove Animator because Soldier (Script) depends on it
    UnityEngine.Object:DestroyImmediate(Object)
    Object2PropertiesMapping:prepareObjectForReplay()
    when I replay

and I have try to add some code like:EZReplayManager.get.componentsAndScriptsToKeepAtReplay.Add("Animator");
    the error gone,but the animation like run ,attack not work in replay.

24. surrealme

surrealme

another question I have some camera effect like bloom but it not work when Replay.

25. softrare

softrare

Hi!

The Animator must be removed on replay, otherwise it will prevent the replay from happening. Don't mind the error messages, they are not harmful.

26. softrare

softrare

Thats right, you have to edit SavedState.cs for that to work. On default only position, rotation and legacy particles are being recorded.

27. surrealme

surrealme

thank u so much!! and is there any way to remove this error message?

28. softrare

softrare

Your very welcome! No unfortunately there is no way to remove the messages. That is Unity's department.

29. surrealme

surrealme

thanks ,there is one more question :I add all my gameobject to objects to record list ,but some of them hide when I replay.

30. softrare

softrare

That shouldn't happen. What kind of objects are these? Is there a pattern of some kind?

31. yishionwang314

yishionwang314

我想录一个变化的Mesh为文件,以后需要时播放.如何扩展?
    I want to record a changed 2D Mesh, how to extend script?
    Here is my SavedState.cs, It works well on directly replay, but it does not work when loaded form a file.

Attached Files:

32. softrare

softrare

Hi! Thanks for your question!

Very creatively done handling that mesh change! ;) EZR uses C# serialization for storage. That means you would have to make a mesh serializable in order for it to be saved but I don't think that is possible unfortunately...

You can see that for this reason I wrote wrappers for Vector3 and Quaternion (SerVector3 and SerQuaternion) because natively those weren't serializable either. Sorry.

But maybe you find a way around this. Marking in example the frames where a mesh changed in a certain way would certainly increase the speed of execution in your game as well as make it savable. You would have to rewrite your SavedState.cs though and you would certainly lose some flexibility.

Hope this helps!

33. kitman20022002

kitman20022002

Hi, i wanted to know can EZ Replay Manager play the video at the particular point(for example the length of the video is 60 sec long and I wanted to start at 30) because seems the documentation does not include that at all.

34. disny1234

disny1234

hi,
    i want to record a racing game. i want to record 12 vehicles racing movements with a moving camera for 20-25 mins.
    i have already buy ez replay manager paid version but in the demo scenes there is only one camera which is not moving and recording the game from just a position, i want a demo for moving camera recording.
    is replay manager able to do this.
    plssss
    reply me asap
    thank you

35. softrare

softrare

Hi! Just add the camera to the gameobjects to record, done ;)

36. disny1234

disny1234

hello sr
    i implemented ez reply system in my project, i am using unitycar vehicles for my game.
    but replay system is not recording tyres movement correctly, tyres are voweling. vehicles chasis are moving correctly in reply but tyres are not moving
    i am saying again that i am using the vehicles of unitycar physics.
    plsss reply me asap.
    thank you

37. softrare

softrare

38. disny1234

disny1234

Hello SR
    I have a problem with reply system.
    i am making a city with 100 vehicles and i want to add a feature of reply.
    i am using replay system but it is not working properly, when i play replay, it doesn't play the recordings properly. i am getting that frame rate is dipping, last year when i was using replay system, my vehicles tyres were not rotating properly in the replay. but after updating replay system this problem has resolve but fps dipping is still teasing me.
    FPS is dipping only when i am playing replays.
    i am using unity car and intelligent traffic system for my city.

Pls give me some solution as soon as possible

Thank you

39. softrare

softrare

Hi! Thanks for your message!

I think I need a little more information.
    What system are you replaying the scene on? What recording interval are you recording with (property on EZR prefab)?

40. disny1234

disny1234

Hi! SR
    i had test ez replay manager even on unity standard assets car ai scene.
    i just simple drag and drop the EZ replay manager in scene and dropping the car and camera in Game object to record and recording interval is default.
    after playing everything is ok but when playing replay record car mesh is not in the proper shape, every child of the car is shifting from their original placings.
    i'll try to put some snaps for this as soon as.

thank you

41. disny1234

disny1234

right click and open image in a new tab
    this is happening with my model after playing replay in ez replay manager

42. softrare

softrare

Hi! Especially for these kind of models I introduced a new feature a while back which is named Child Identification Mode. You can find it on the EZR prefab. Just switch the mode and it will show up fine ;)

43. aaronflippo

aaronflippo

Hey there! Looking for a replay solution for our racing game, an I have a few questions about the internal workings of EZReplay:

1.It seems like the whole plugin depends on the concept of loading prefabs from Resources folders at runtime, rather than referencing prefabs in asset folders directly. Could you explain the thinking here? Wouldn't it be more efficient to play back replays on objects within scenes, or instantiate objects directly from original prefabs in the asset folders?

2. Does the plugin have any kind of interpolation between keyframes, or is it only setting position/rotation etc. on the update frequency specified on the replay prefab? I'm a little concerned that the demo scene with the robot and the cannon takes up 2-4mb for around 10 seconds of gameplay. Our goal is to record up to a few minutes of gameplay for our racing game and attach replays to leaderboards, and there is a hard limit of 1mb per replay.

Thanks!

44. RitonV

RitonV

Hi,

We just have purchased EZReplay, but would like to use it a little bit differently as usual. We have to make a lot of cutscenes with different characters movements (and interactions with objects physics) made with VR plugins like InstantVR. These plugins allow to connect various sensors like Kinect and LeapMotion. We don't want to use MotionBuilder, because with regular mocap we don't have access to Unity physics interactively, and our scenes are completely done in Unity. Problem : EZReplay animations are not compatible with regular .anim , fbx or mecanim files, and there is only one track for the whole scene. We need to trig thoses animations on different tracks for the cutscene sequencer. How could we apply those animations on objects, or convert the EZ file in compatible animation files ?
    Thanx

Eric

45. softrare

softrare

Hi! Please report to us through the email address found at www.softrare.eu/contact.html with the asset store invoice number of your purchase. We will be glad to help you! Thank you very much!

46. disny1234

disny1234

Hi softrare
    thanks for ur replay
    i use the Child Identification Mode and now its working fine.
    but now i want to save my recording, when i am clicking on save, there is no file is creating in the prefabs or anywhere in the project.
    precache gameobject and compress save is checked, m testing save in ur given example1 scene.

Further i want to use Ez replay for its(intelligent traffic system) and unity car in a city. Is Ez replay capable to record the instantiated vehicles and some of the vehicle will destroy on runtime.

Pls reply ASAP

thank you

47. softrare

softrare

Hi! Please report to us through the email address found at www.softrare.eu/contact.html with the asset store invoice number of your purchase. We will be glad to help you! Thank you very much!

We are sorry, this thread will from now on only be used for pre-sales questions. Please contact us for support through our mail address.

48. disny1234

disny1234

Hi Softrare
    i got it, i got the saved record data and now it is working fine, record data is loading perfectly but little bit fps problem fps is of 10,12, may be bcoz i am using unity standard assets 5 waypoint cars.
    i'll send u the invoice number till tommorrow.
    thank you

49. disny1234

disny1234

Hi softrare
    i have send u my invoice no.
    Please check
    thank you

50. Yunzhongzi

Yunzhongzi

Hi, I've a question that if EZ Replay Manager support for third-party unity game without source code?
    with source code, i can use EZ Replay Manager to recorde game data, but if without source code, is there any method to do this?
    thank you very much!