Search Unity

EZ Replay Manager

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by softrare, Jun 12, 2011.

1. softrare

softrare

We reached an early breakthrough for the save to file and load-feature. It will be in the store VERY soon! :) Buy the package now, and receive the update for free!

2. Sudarsh21

Sudarsh21

I have sent the project to the specified e-mail address. Please Update me on this ASAP

3. softrare

softrare

Thanks I received it. As said you can expect a response within the next 36 hours on this warning message which you receive.

4. Sudarsh21

Sudarsh21

As you said i have included this.materialColor = go.material.color in the LineRendererState constructor which is extended by SavedState and in preperation function i have included go.material.color = this.materialColor. But in replay mode the gameobjects which i have given to record is not activated at al. Only the line trace is being recorded but not the gameobject. I have replaced SavedStae byLineRendererState in Obj2Propertiesmapping. Please help me out on this.,.,.,

5. softrare

softrare

Hi! Simply mark them as "to be recorded". Read here how: http://www.softrare.eu/user_files/unity/Readme.pdf :)

6. Sudarsh21

Sudarsh21

I have marked them for recording, i told they wil also get cloned in the EZReplay parent hierarchy, but they are not active in the replay mode.

7. softrare

softrare

Please send me the latest version of your scene again I will have a look at that particular problem.

8. Sudarsh21

Sudarsh21

Thanks for the reply .I have sent the scene to the specified mail address.

9. softrare

softrare

I just sent you one file you should replace in your project. Then you should be fine.

10. Sudarsh21

Sudarsh21

Really Thanks for the help..!!! :) Waiting for the Update on saving and loading replay .... :) good going.. :)

11. softrare

softrare

You are very welcome. Glad I could help :)

12. softrare

softrare

Finally! The update is up in the Asset Store! :)

Upgraders, please remove the old package files and import the updated package again.

Read additional information here!

Please tell us what you think! Thanks! :)

13. ddfire

ddfire

This works with ngui????
    i tryed the demo version, drag a button to the gameobjects to record hit record then replay and nothing happends :(
    with the commercial version can i get rid of the ugly icons?
    Thanks

14. softrare

softrare

Hi! I didn't try with ngui. But I don't know why it should not work with it.

What do you mean by drag a button to the gameobjects ? Drag the EZ Replay Manager prefab into the scene, drag a gameobject onto the list "GameObjectsToRecord", hit record, do something in the scene, hit replay :) Please report back to me, if it didn't work, it can definitely made to work :)

Yes, in the commercial version you can insert your own icons or disable the gui completely :)

Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
  15. ddfire

ddfire

i did thatttttt and the button is on the screen but no activity at all... the activity is made by scripts... scaling and changing colors... there is a free ngui version if you want to try.
    Let me know.
    The saved format is an "open format" are you willing to give some specifications so i can parse it later with my own system?
    thanks
    David

16. softrare

softrare

Indeed scaling and changing color is not recorded by default. In both cases I think about integrating them by default (scaling because of its nature as being a visible change and changing colors (of materials) because of a somewhat emerging popular demand). But as long as that did not happen you can always extend the script by yourself (which is incredibly easy actually, if you bought the commercial version). How that works you can read in section 4.4 of this document. If you fail, not a problem, I will gladly integrate recording these 2 properties in your project for free if you bought it, and you are willing to send your scene to me. In every case: don't worry, it is 100% possible :)

The format of saved files is binary serialization of classes. You can just parse it by importing my classes into your project and use standard deserialization functions. I avoided using a human readable format, because of technical difficulties and performance reasons.

17. softrare

softrare

Where can I acquire this free version? Didn't find it in the Asset Store. I would gladly give it a try.

18. ddfire

ddfire

19. softrare

softrare

20. softrare

softrare

Tried it and as expected EZ Replay Manager and NGUI do not interfere with each other in any negative way. You can use both packages at the same time in the same project without problems. EZ Replay Manager just uses its own gui (if you don't like it, its completely changeable to your liking). With a little effort you could probably also replace the standard EZ Replay Manager gui with one made by NGUI.

21. bmackenzie

bmackenzie

How's it going,

So I have been crafting my own flavor of time manipulation. Then I stumbled onto EZ replay manager, I'm all for not reinventing the wheel. However, before I dive in and make a purchase, I have a few questions, if you don’t mind:

• Can you playback your recording at any given point? If so, can you limit the duration of playback?
    • Can you rewind and take control of objects, characters, etc. for the newly reversed location?
    • What are the memory characteristics; do you grab a predefined chunk or do you allocate new memory at runtime?
    • What are the limitations to objects that can be tracked and recorded?
    • What is the performance as we approach this limit? (MPF or FPS as you record gameplay)
    • Are you able to record particle effects?

Hey, thanks for fielding these questions. I am really interested in this productive, for a few reasons. First, it a rather complex topic you have talked here (Kudos), and secondly, it speeds up production time for me, again kudos. I look forwards to hearing more.

Regards.
    Bryan

22. softrare

softrare

Hi Bryan,

Thank you very much for your message. I will answer under your questions:

You can control when the recording starts, further limiting the duration of playback is not a difficult thing to do. If you buy the plugin I would gladly assist you with these tasks.

You can, the logic of EZ Replay Manager is fairly easy, again I would be happy to assist you.

Allocation of recordings and playback is done at runtime on demand.

All values (movement, rotation, custom values) which are accessible through code can be recorded and thus replayed.

I have yet to see a practical scene where the amount of objects and the FPS really make an impact on performance. You can limit the amount of objects being recorded and configure the FPS to your liking.

As of now I know you are able to record if a particle effect is playing or not at a certain frame, if with this package it is also possible to record the effect pieces itsself I don't know but probably would require coding.

I hope I could be of service! If you buy the package and ask for help I will be more than happy to lead you on the right track or even do some simple coding for you for free, if that saves you time (provided you are willing to send me the full scene you are working on, so that reintegration of my solution will not be an issue).

Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
  23. bmackenzie

bmackenzie

Hey thanks for the reply :)

Another question, how often do you capture the information of each object? And can you change the granularity? The reason I ask is because I am really looking to create gameplay with variable speed different objects affected differently by rewinding, is this possible? I would like the rewind speed to have a 1 to 1 mapping of the actually gameplay time-step. So, if the objects have variable speed based on time, this will be reflected in the playback and rewind. I don't mid coding at all. If purchased, I am more than willing to contribute to further development or aid in additional features of the plugin, at the very least provide some detailed analysis on performance (that's what I do) :)

Regards,
    Bryan

24. softrare

softrare

The framerate is configurable so it is up to you how often you take a sample of your scene ;) Changing the framerate in-game (while recording) is not built-in yet but can also be easily set up I would guess. Objects of course can have different speed, can affect each other and you are more than welcome to contribute to the package, any help is appreciated and as far as possible returned if needed :)

25. bmackenzie

bmackenzie

Hey, thanks for being so prompt and taking the time to field my questions. You got yourself a new user. I look forward to using and potentially contributing to the product. I'll stop by after I have played around with it a little more and give some feedback.

Take care,
    Bryan

26. wanzi

wanzi

hi~@softrare,I need 2x slower to replay~ the 4x slower is too slow,is it possible to access it?

the function play(int speed,...),the first parameter is int, if I want to replay by 1.2x slower or 1.5x slower,is it possible to access it?

and the othe question,the ez replay manager can't record the new feature of uinty3.5: particle system,how can I record it?

thanks in advance!

Last edited: May 7, 2012
  27. Vision Master

Vision Master

the clue of an cool replay is, for me, to switch the camera at replay runtime like TV Style (...and very rocky musik).
    I cant see this in the demos or have found it in the Readme or this Forum.
    Is this Possible or must this realised with 17 corners?

28. softrare

softrare

Hi! To be able to play with 2x slower speed replace line 645 (newest version) with this:

playingInterval = singleton.recordingInterval * ((speed)*-2);

1.2x slower is not natively possible at this point.

Hope I could help.

29. softrare

softrare

Hi! It is possible to let the recording replay and view it from a different camera then the one which with the recording was originally made. That is demonstrated in the live demo scene 1 (signature) where you are able to, at replaying time view the scene from a slightly different angle. Just hold right mouse button and move the mouse while replaying. Is that what you meant? If so, how to implement it is shown in one of the demo scenes when you buy the package.

Hope this helps.

30. wanzi

wanzi

thanks for your reply!!

it works!

but I have an other quesiton,the ez replay manager can't record the new feature of uinty3.5: particle system,how can I record it?

31. devotid

devotid

Will this work with 3.4.2 PRO? I have to use 3.4.2 PRO because of a lack of Direct Input Support on 3.5.x.

If not.... does it work with less options or not at all?

regardless....... i plan on buying today or tomorrow for use in a 2.0 version of my future game......... as im going to upgrade to 3.5.x as soon as unity comes up with a fix for Direct Input Support for 3.5.x. but it would be nice to offer this with my version 1.0 of my game on 3.4.2.

Thanks for your time.

Kevin

32. softrare

softrare

I am sorry, totally forgot about your question. At the moment it is only implemented to record if a particle effect plays at a certain frame or not. But I am sure the native particle effects in Unity 3.5 can also be recorded. Everything can be recorded, from which you can ask position-coordinates at runtime. If you give it a try and don't know how to proceed, I am always happy to help out, and give you the decisive hint in the right direction :)

33. softrare

softrare

Yes, it the engine of the package was built using a version as early as 3.3 I think or even earlier, so I do not expect any difficulties using 3.4.x :)

34. softrare

softrare

Oh, and yes it definitely works under Unity PRO.

35. mytoltoly

mytoltoly

Can EZplayer create "animation object" from recorded information?? what im trying to do is saving movement from kinect and assign it and crossfade it with character's predefine animation... thank you...

36. devotid

devotid

well, i just went to the asset store to purchase ez-replay manager and there is no "buy" button or "purchase button" because im using 3.4.2.

It says i have to upgrade to 3.5 to purchase. Is there any way around this?...... as you said it works with 3.4.2

Please advise how i can purchase this and get it working with 3.4.2

i guess i could upgrade to 3.5 just to purchase and then down grade afterwards but im getting sick of installing 3.5.1 and then uninstalling it after it doesnt work for me.

I await you response.........and ill try again tomorrow.

Thanks

Kevin

37. devotid

devotid

here is a screen of what it says.......

Thanks again

Attached Files:

38. devotid

devotid

39. softrare

softrare

strange, I wasn't informed by mail about your new posts oO

Anyway, indeed now I know why it says that you need the upgrade. Its because of two includes which are new to 3.5, but were there before under a different name. You can buy the package from me directly and I will switch the functions for you :) Would you like that? In this case write to me under the email-address given on this page: http://www.softrare.eu/contact.html . Or just upgrade, download and downgrade again. The libraries which cause the 3.5 upgrade force are PrefabUtility.ReplacePrefab and PrefabUtility.CreateEmptyPrefab which previously were not functions of PrefabUtility, but did the same, under a different Class, I don't remember so good which one it was. May you do (as you work with the earlier version)?

40. softrare

softrare

No the package does not create such an object. It creates clones of the actual objects and reads the animation states back from information containers. I hope I could help.

41. devotid

devotid

No worries at all.....:)

I will email you at the above address and purchase the 3.4.2 package directly. Thanks for your help.

Then........when i upgrade to 3.5.x i will drop ya a email and just get the most current version.

Thanks

Kevin

42. Patel123

Patel123

Hi, Recently i bought this EZReplayManager package and m working on it. I want to know one thing that, can we record and play the "animations" of every characters on the scene.
    Actually m working on one module which contains 2 human like characters, i have attached character controller to each of them. They will have "Walk" animation for walking on the terrain, Each character will have their own waypoints through which they will walk on terrain. A camera will follow these 2 characters and camera will also have its own waypoints through which camera will move. I have made characters as a one prefab and will instantiate it using key press and have written 2 scripts which will make 2 characters and camera moving respectively.
    I have attached "Object2Record" script of this package to the prefab of characters and dropped the camera object from the scene into the "Game Objects To Record" list. My problem is after recording the game if i click on start replay i m getting errors. So i have doubt on the animations of each characters while replaying. Plz replay ASAP

43. wanzi

wanzi

hi~softrare :
    I meet a very strange problem,sometimes,the animation of my player not play when replying,my player have some animations:walk,run,standby,there are 4 player in the scene,and I record both of them,the recording interval is 0.03,the record time just 2~3 seconds.

when I reply,the animation may not play sometimes,on pc,I record 10 times, it may not play 6 times.on android, it not play all the time. but the animation is play well when recording.

how can I resolve it? it very important for me! thanks!

Last edited: May 29, 2012
  44. softrare

softrare

Again, I did not get notified by the forum when you wrote the question, I am very sorry. What are the errors you are getting? Thank you for your patience!

45. softrare

softrare

Thank you for your comment! I cannot decide from remote, this seems to be a delicate issue. The quickest way for me to learn what goes wrong would be if you send the whole scene to me. Is that possible? Maybe I can fix it.

46. Patel123

Patel123

Hi, In my scene there are 12 characters(7 terrorists, 2 soldiers, 3 civilians) and 1 camera. Each characters will have set of waypoints through which they will walk in the scene. Camera is also having waypoints which always follow the soldiers. My problem is the camera will jerk while it is moving when i click "start recording",suddenly more jerks will happen and system will get hang. A error dialog box will show "Too many heap sections in gc". I am getting this problem only when i attach "Object2Record.cs" script to each characters and click start recording while exercise is playing. Plz help me to solve this issue...

Last edited: May 29, 2012
  47. softrare

softrare

Hi! Also to you I would suggest to send the whole scene to me, so that I can investigate what is going on. Please send the scene to the mail address given at http://www.softrare.eu/contact.html if that is at all possible.

48. Patel123

Patel123

Thanks for your reply, i ll mail u my scene. i have another doubt, How to record the bomb explosion sound, bullet firing sounds..

49. agentsmith

agentsmith

Can EZ Replay Player perform DVR-like capabilities? For example I want to replay car crashes can EZ Replay Manager replay crashes without having to start recording everything since the game started? In other words can I set it to record only the last 10 seconds while playing? Perhaps a recording buffer (user-specified seconds) that after it fills up will continuing to keep filling... If EZ Replay Manager cannot do this, do you have plans to implement it?

Cheers!

50. softrare

softrare

Hi! It is possible, but not implemented as you described yet. Actually what would have happen is, you would start recordings everytime at a certain event, in your example maybe if two cars are getting "dangerously" close to each other: If nothing happens, the recording would have to be deleted from the memory. At carcrash (or a few seconds after) the recording can stop. In the current state of the package you would possibly run into some trouble when you have more than 2 cars in your scene (where theoretically more than 1 pair of cars are in the process of approaching each other, and thus two or more recordings would possibly have to be recorded and/or discarded at the same time).

I am sure this would be possible without rewriting a whole lot of the base engine. As this feature was also requested now and than in the past, I certainly don't want to exclude the possibility that it will be integrated.

Hope this helps!

Last edited: Jun 15, 2012