Search Unity

EZ Replay Manager

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by softrare, Jun 12, 2011.

1. softrare

softrare

2. radiantboy

radiantboy

has anyone successfully recorded UFPS1 or 2 with this? Id like to try make a killcam with it..

3. squallfgang

squallfgang

I wanted to controll a character record it and afterwards replay that. But it didn't work.

The character first wasn't moving at all (not even translation but also no animation) and he was put in position 0,0,0 of the level where he actually never ever was. the only thing I got to move was the camera.

In a second attempt the character was moving, but scaling was completely messed up and the character animation was completely distorted. So sadly not usable. Seems like its having troubles with encapsuled objects and scaling. maybe it works for simplier setups.
    Is what I describe a known issue with a quick fix or is it maybe possible to get a refund?

4. softrare

softrare

Hi! Thanks for your message. You very certainly have a configuration mistake. Please make sure you only put parent objects in the recording queue. Also (very important if you get results like this) clean your object cache, by deleting the folder EZR created under Resources/ Hope this helps! If you still keep getting problems, I will be happy to jump on TeamViewer and take a look at your setup.

5. squallfgang

squallfgang

Hey thanks for the quick reply. I did as you said an deleted the folder. The system was already setup to record the parent object. Unfortunately the result stayed the same. Hope the teamviewer sesssion can help.

6. softrare

softrare

Very well, write me an email https://softrare.eu/contact.html

7. wechat_os_Qy08D70r_Ee8Gx9_4iNwlJqZU

wechat_os_Qy08D70r_Ee8Gx9_4iNwlJqZU

Hey, the document of this plugin is too out of date. Could you please update it?
    I want to record the score of game. And I went to the document and found componentsAndScriptsToKeepAtReplay. But the SavedState.cs is not as the same as the document said. How can I record and recover the score?

8. softrare

softrare

Hi! Thank you for contacting me. I will address your issue asap - probably have time tomorrow.

9. softrare

softrare

Hi! Thanks for your patience! Sorry, the document is indeed a bit old. Thank you for reporting.

Just to make sure I understand, you mean you want to record how the score changed over time, right? componentsAndScriptsToKeepAtReplay has nothing to do with this. This must be done in SavedState.cs indeed.

10. Mamoon178

Mamoon178

can we use for multiplayer game? in webGL file location?

11. softrare

softrare

Hi! Thanks for your question! Yes, you can use it for multiplayer. Just note, that you need to transfer the replay data yourself. And yes, it does work with webGL, I just don't know whether you can permanently save the stream to a file, then. I didn't find a way up until now, as webGL is executed in a browser sandbox. But collecting the replay data as stream and sending it somewhere should surely work.

Hope this helps!

12. Mamoon178

Mamoon178

i want to send data in website. but issue is my animation is not work. i follow the documentation for implement but animator not work

13. softrare

softrare

Can you post a screenshot of your EZR configuration and if necessary a video of what happens when you record and replay?

14. Mamoon178

Mamoon178

Here are screenshot

Attached Files:

15. softrare

softrare

Thank you! Recording the scene-object itself does nothing, you can remove it from there. Are any errors thrown in the console? Please post a video of you recording and replaying the scene.

16. Mamoon178

Mamoon178

17. Mamoon178

Mamoon178

18. Mamoon178

Mamoon178

here are console screenshot

Attached Files:

19. softrare

softrare

Thanks you. The one thing I can see is that it's strange that the Photon error is in the console (the other messages in the console are normal), because I don't see the Photon component as having been added to the exclusion list. I think I cannot diagnose your problem from afar. Is it possible for you to make the project - or an equivalent demo setup - available to me? If yes, please also provide the Unity version and EZR version you're using. Thanks a lot.

20. Mamoon178

Mamoon178

problem is my animation is not work. i found error. if i instantiate player then and attach with a object2Record script then not save animation. if i place player in hierarchy then add in EZReplayManager then animation work fine. but i need instantiate from asset on run time. please help me

21. softrare

softrare

Thanks for your explanation. Whether you instantiate at runtime or not it should work the same. If not then it could be because of an interaction with Photon? First can you make sure to delete the EZR cache and try again? It is described in the documentation how to do that.

22. Mamoon178

Mamoon178

ok thanks for reply

23. Mamoon178

Mamoon178

can we record audio or not ?

24. softrare

softrare

Hi! Not natively, no. I heard from some users that they were able to record sound but I do not recall from whom or how they did it precisely. But it's not an advertised nor natively available feature.

Mamoon178 likes this.
  25. insominx

insominx

Hi @softrare , this package looks very promising but the UI appears to be broken on the EZReplayManager. It showed up properly briefly for me once but I'm not able to reproduce it. Is this a known issue or is there an easy fix?

Using Unity 2019.4.10

Capture.PNG

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
  26. softrare

softrare

Hi! Thanks for your message. Sorry you had to wait.

That's indeed odd. Can you just to confirm open the project with Unity 2018.x (make a backup prior)?

27. insominx

insominx

Yes, actually with a brand new empty project (2018.4.27), I'm getting the same thing.

upload_2020-9-22_9-30-17.png

28. insominx

insominx

@softrare So I managed to work around the problem by using another Monobehaviour to set up the variables on EZReplayManager and I also had a couple of other questions:

1) How do you make playback freeze when it reaches the last frame instead of jumping back to the beginning?
    2) When loading a new replay file, how do you delete all of the objects associated with the last replay?