Search Unity

Eyebrows not rendering properly

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by dgoyette, Jun 14, 2019.

1. dgoyette

dgoyette

I've grabbed a model from Mixamo, which has some textures/materials embedded in the FBX. I'm trying to use this in a HDRP project, and it mainly works, with the exception that I can't get the eyebrows looking correct.

I think if I were creating this model myself, placing the eyebrows on their own material would avoid this issue. But the model comes with the eyebrows in the same material as the rest of the skin. So far, I can get one of two things to happen:

I enable Transparent Depth Prepass, and now I can see directly through alpha of the eyebrows:

upload_2019-6-14_16-29-23.png

Or I disable Transparent Depth Prepass, and now I see through the skin and see everything under it:

upload_2019-6-14_16-29-52.png

I've tried clicking all those checkmarks to see what I could get working, but it never has the desired effect: Eye brows on top of skin, with the alpha part of the eyebrows showing what's underneath (instead of clipping whatever's underneath).

Is this a simple thing I'm doing wrong?

2. bgolus

bgolus

The skin shouldn’t be using a transparent material. Only the eyelashes. They should be separate materials.