Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Eye Tracked Foveated Rendering doesn't work with URP

Discussion in 'VR' started by Koboct-Denis, Nov 2, 2022.

1. Koboct-Denis

Koboct-Denis

I want to use the Eye Tracked Foveated Rendering feature of the quest pro.
    I followed the prerequisites mentioned here https://developer.oculus.com/documentation/unity/unity-eye-tracked-foveated-rendering/
    But I couldn't make the ETFR work with URP (it seems to work fine with legacy).

When building the app I only get a black screen, no Unity logo, no app launch.

Is URP not supported yet? I don't see any mention of this anywhere.

Anyone managed to get ETFR work with URP?

2. Qleenie

Qleenie

Same issue here. Black screen, app does not start. I also hope that, after this is repaired, that we are able to support both rendering methods in one build, else we need to have two separate builds for Quest and Quest Pro.

3. Kevin-VFX

Kevin-VFX

What version is everyone using? I had it working a few weeks ago in 2021.3, but the recent versions are all over the place. I can't seem to get it to work anymore in 2021.3. Eye tracking is working in 2023.1, but I can't seem to get the ETFR to work. It's allowed and enable, but just not moving the foveation.

4. Qleenie

Qleenie

Tried latest LTS today (2021.3.15), which claims to have fixes regarding eye tracked foveated rendering. Still same behaviour, just a black screen. BTW I am using passthrough, too. Fixed foveated rendering works fine on both Quest Pro and Quest 2.

5. mikesf

mikesf

Unity Technologies

We have fixed a related Vulkan issue for Quest Pro. Please try again in the next version 2021.3.16f1 when it's released (coming soon).

6. chris-nolet

chris-nolet

Hmm, I'm not able to get ETFR working on any version of Unity (including 2021.3.16f1) with the built-in render pipeline. I've switched to Vulkan and selected ETFR in the Oculus XR Plugin settings. Is there anything else we need to do – or is this still just broken for everybody?

I've tried 2021.3.0, 2021.3.4, 2021.3.15 and 2021.3.16 without any luck.

7. Koboct-Denis

Koboct-Denis

Hi, we've returned the Quest Pro, so I won't be able to test any further ETFR.

Hello, I used 2021.3.9 when I tested and it worked with built-in RP, make sure to follow prerequisites and project setup as mentioned here:
    https://developer.oculus.com/documentation/unity/unity-eye-tracked-foveated-rendering/

8. MaxQuinonesSantander

MaxQuinonesSantander

any news? i still working on it..

9. ludzeller

ludzeller

I just upped my project to Oculus XR Plugin 3.2.3 and Unity Editor 2021.3.21f and this finally fixed eye-tracked foveated rendering for Quest Pro for me.

www.opensoundlab.org

Koboct-Denis and chris-nolet like this.