Search Unity

Bug Extremly Slow Resources.Load() (File Read) on Android after upgrading to Unity 2021.3.9f1+

Discussion in 'Documentation' started by cnahues, Sep 30, 2022.

1. cnahues

cnahues

In the recent weeks, I wanted to upgrade my project to a newer version of Unity. To be specific, from Unity 2021.1.11f1 to Unity 2021.3.9.f1. Nothing wrong happens at first, everything works fine but when you make a build for android, the cpu usage of Resources.Load and Resources.LoadAll goes up to the sky Imgur: The magic of the Internet

So i make a research on internet and the first 2 weeks i found nothing and i was in the process to just change Resources to Addressables, but yesterday i found this thread Bug - Extremly Slow Resources.Load() (File Read) on Android - Unity Forum where they just found out that there's a BREAKING bug.

The bug is that the launchertemplate.gradle now has a different structure and its affecting the performance of your game. This only happens if you have a launchertemplate.gradle setted before the upgrade. The fix is just to make a new launchertemplate.gradle and everything will works just fine.

This change MUST be documented by Unity because i'm sure that i'm not gonna be the last developer that encounter this bug.

Sorry for bad english

gagasik likes this.
  2. gagasik

gagasik

Thanks Man :):):):):):). I can't describe how I feel now.
    Had the same problem , after upgrading from 2020, searched for issues, nothing found. Then started to change to addressables , spent 3 weeks, and today found your thread :D AND .... It worked MAN :D Thank you.

3. aryana761227

aryana761227

Bro thanks a lot, I had the same problem after upgrading from 2020.3.25f1 to 2021.3.21f1, it worked for me.

4. jpriyas

jpriyas

Unity Technologies

Thanks for raising this. We're in the process of updating the docs and the changes will soon be published.