Search Unity

1. Unity 2020.1 has been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Extremely low performance on chrome, but gets normal performance after resizing the browser window.

Discussion in 'WebGL' started by shb, Dec 21, 2018.

1. shb

shb

I have unexpected weird situation on my webgl build.
    1.I got extremely low FPS (<20 FPS) on startup
    2. Once I resize window. , I can get normal FPS (60 FPS)
    3. This happens on Chrome of my some computer on my office. On FF everything is working fine.

I investisgated the console log and found that I got
    endless [Violation] 'requestAnimationFrame' handler took <N>ms for every frame
    on the log when I get low FPS.
    When I resize the chrome window, the performance get back to normal and I got 60FPS with all the requestAnimationFrame violation warnings gone.

I tried some combination to solve this but no luck yet.

* It's not the script. I tried empty project with one 3D humanoid with simple animation (no script in the project), but same happens.
    * I tried.almost every build option combination including NET4, .NET3 scripting runtime , linear, gamma, quality settings,wasm, asm.js but had same result.
    * I tried Unity 2018.2.15 ~ 2018.3 , but had same result.
    * I tried on 10 computers (Mac, PC), and I got 3 of them (1Mac, 2PC) have violation message and extremely low FPS.
    *Chrome version is 71.0.3578 (the latest)

Any idea for me to solve this?
    upload_2018-12-21_18-54-18.png

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  2. shb

shb

I'm still struggling with this issue.
    More facts that I've noticed so far are:

* No issues on PC/Mac with NVIDIA graphics,
    * I have same symptoms on Mac Pro with AMD Radeon , PC(Win 10 with Intel HD graphics).
    * I tried OS Guest mode, fresh OS install, fresh Chrome install with no extension. Chrome incognito mode... but no luck. still had same issues.

3. MFKJ

MFKJ

I am also getting this warning sometime in chrome:
    [Violation] 'requestAnimationFrame' handler took 1253ms

why it is occuring?

4. InneoAppDev

InneoAppDev

Was this resolved somehow?

5. Yandalf

Yandalf

I'm getting this as well in a project of mine. It's not related to skinned mesh renderers or anything (I have none in my project) and I assume it's the webGL core simply asking for the next rendered frame, and something there just hits bad performance. Would definitely like some more in-depth explanations.

fxlange likes this.
unityunity