Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Extremely long "Build Planner" loop

Discussion in 'AI & Navigation Previews' started by Thunderik, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Thunderik

Thunderik

Hi,

after testing my plan once or twice and making some changes, I sometimes end up in a loop where it seems to be stuck for several minutes seemingly doing the following actions:
    - Plan assembly compilation
    - Refresh Planner database

as shown in the gif below.

I checked my editor.log and at the bottom I see the following error

error CS2012: Cannot open '...\Temp\PlannerAssembly\AI.Planner.Custom.dll' for writing -- 'The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open'

Is there something I can do to workaround this? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. TrevorUnity

TrevorUnity

Unity Technologies

What version of the package and Unity are you using?

3. Thunderik

Thunderik

Hi!

preview.1 - 0.2.3

4. TrevorUnity

TrevorUnity

Unity Technologies

Hmmm. Well, we haven't encountered that particular error. Perhaps try closing Unity and your code editor, then delete your project Library folder, then relaunch Unity and try again.

5. santadiego

santadiego

Always does this for me. just accepted it as alpha builds.. on all my systems. people are not reporting it??

Thunderik likes this.
  6. Thunderik

Thunderik

Hi, thanks for the response TrevorUnity and for chiming in santadiego. I haven't had the time to try deleting my Library folder and because of this issue, I started investigating other routes instead. I know that this is still quite early in development, at least that's what it feels like, and I really hope and look forward to seeing a more developer-friendly version in the future.

Is there any more information I can contribute with to help you with this except for trying out your suggested solution?

7. TrevorUnity

TrevorUnity

Unity Technologies

I should be clear. Long code generation/compilation times have been reported, but the particular user error of 'The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open' has not.

Thunderik likes this.