Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Extremely load loading time - Loading.CheckConsistency [Editor Only]

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by stevenwanhk, Dec 6, 2017.

1. stevenwanhk

stevenwanhk

In Editor, it takes about 2 minutes to load a scene in runtime, while it takes only 3 seconds after build.

I checked profiler to see what is happening and see "Loading.CheckConsistency [Editor Only]" takes up 100k ms. It takes too much unnecessary time during development.

I am using 2017.2.0p2.

Attached Files:

2. Johannski

Johannski

Puh, that sounds annoying. Take a closer look at Loading.ReadObjects. and see what objects of yours a re loading that long. This might get you on the right track.

3. Abaobao

Abaobao

I have the same problem.But this occur when i update to Unity2018.I found it takes a lot of time to load animation clip!!!
    When I have 30 NPC in my scene,i would take more then 110000ms to load then.LOL
    Do you figure out any resolution?Need help~~~

4. radraghag

radraghag

Unity 2018.2.11f1, it's still a huge problem, loading single prefab in editor: https://gyazo.com/c8e2e430943671d32eb9787913c575d0

I get that it doesn't affect actual build, but it still Handicaps our iteration times. Really obnoxious and no known way to avoid it.

5. stevenwanhk

stevenwanhk

This happens when you tried to modify the anim files. Because the default setting of editor is "Force Text", any modified anim files will become text file instead of binary and lead to the increased loading time.

longsl likes this.
  6. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

If you have an .anim file that Unity reads slooowly, could you submit a bug-report with that file to allow UT to take a look at the issue and hopefully come up with a fix?
    https://unity3d.com/unity/qa/bug-reporting