Search Unity

Bug Extremely glitchy Editor with Unity 2019 and Intel graphics

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Wulfara, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Wulfara

Wulfara

Hello. I get constant graphic glitches in the Editor as you can see in the screenshot. It seems like it doesn't refresh well any window or dialog. It happens all the time and is barely usable :( The artifacts only dissapear when waiting for a few secondsor moving the mouse over them.

I'm using latest Unity 2019.2.19f1 on Fedora KDE 31 with Intel UHD 620 graphics. I'm not sure in which version this started because I haven't been using Unity for a long time, but the bug does not happen in Unity 2018 LTS or 2017 LTS, only in 2019.

Thank you in advance.

Attached Files:

goncalo-vasconcelos likes this.
  2. Deleted User

Deleted User

Is that integrated graphics? You need a real GPU to run Unity properly.

3. Wulfara

Wulfara

Yes it is. In the past I've used this computer to make some 2D and 3D games without any problem with Unity Linux prior 2019. I could stick to those LTS versions but I feel that this is an issue that can be fixed or workarounded. I remember a very similar issue from the early days of Unity Linux with NVIDIA cards that was fixed with OpenGL parameters. Maybe someone ran into the same problem and wants to share their experience.

goncalo-vasconcelos likes this.
  4. Wulfara

Wulfara

To anyone interested: After some testing it actually works fine in Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS (tried with Xubuntu and Kubuntu).

I have managed to run Unity in Fedora and Arch Linux for a few years in spite of not being officially supported distros but I guess it was a matter of time to find some big issues. If I don't find any simpler solution I'll switch distros.

5. Achie1

Achie1

Hi! Which version of Ubuntu do you have?
    Does Unity 2018.4 works fine on Ubuntu 2019.10?

6. Wulfara

Wulfara

Hi! Sorry I don't know about Ubuntu 19.10. I'm testing with Ubuntu 18.04 because only Ubuntu 18.04, Ubuntu 16.04 and CentOS 7 are officially supported and I have been experiencing graphical glitches with Fedora 31.

Achie1 likes this.