Search Unity

Extracting analytics data?

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by vividhelix, Mar 22, 2016.

1. vividhelix

vividhelix

I used a build for a conference but not really happy with how the results are being shown.

Since I used the same machine, Unity reports the same user so my funnel is unusable. I was hoping that using SetUserID repeatedly would cause Unity to perceive them as separate users: Analytics.SetUserId("Ticks_" + DateTime.Now.Ticks) - I invoke that every time the game is restarted.

What are my options for digging through the data? I couldn't find any place where I could go through all the data (it's only a few hundred events).

I got some files off the demo machine, any way to massage the input data and re-send it to the service? Alternatively, I was reading about raw export, where can I find out more info?

2. erika_d

erika_d

Hi @vividhelix,

Sorry that the data isn't displaying very usefully from your conference, I can see how that could be causing some issues. You can currently find out more info on Raw Data Export and sign up at our Analytics homepage: https://unity3d.com/services/analytics

I'm going to think more about any other options for digging through your data, but I wanted to at least quickly get you the link to Raw Data Export!

3. erika_d

erika_d

Hi @vividhelix,

I've talked with some of my teammates and the setUserID call actually stores that UserID as a separate value, instead of overwriting the one we generate, which is why it is still treating it as one user. It was also pointed out that Raw Data Export only works from the point it was turned on forward, so it won't pull down any historical data (like what you are looking for). We would like to do our best to help you get the information you are looking for though, so can you fill out a support ticket, and be sure to include your project ID in the ticket? This will give me some more information about your project that I can use to research your situation. Here's the link: https://analytics.cloud.unity3d.com/support. Thanks for your patience!

4. vividhelix

vividhelix

Submitted.

On a different note, I think all of the other analytics services I've used (flurry, crashlytics, mixpanel, etc) that support the concept of a user id will consider it a completely new session once that user id is set. Any way to achieve that (for future reference) with Unity Analytics?

5. mpinol

mpinol

Hey @vividhelix,

As of right now this is not possible although I think it is a great idea that would be extremely useful in situations like demoing your game at a conference. Would you mind showing your support for this feature by adding/voting for it here, https://feedback.unity3d.com/forums...f8=✓&status=0&category=analytics&view=hottest We reference these pages when we are making changes/updating/adding to our feature road map and submitting it will make sure it is brought up again!

6. J_P_

J_P_