Search Unity

Question Extra withdrawals from my card

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Peugames, Jun 17, 2022.

1. Peugames

Peugames

Hi
    I have been registered for a licence for unity for 1 year, but your withdrawals from my card are still ongoing more than 17 times (18 months).
    So I want to ask you to please stop your withdrawals and refund the additional amount that you received from my bank/ card.
    please look at the screenshots from my bank that you 17 times your withdrawals from my bank card.
    i sent emails to you to accounts@unity3d.com
    support@unity3d.com but i didnt receive any answer
    thanks

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

I don't believe that we have a license type that stops exactly after 1 year. We do have a free version if you are just learning Unity. Are you on Unity Plus? https://store.unity.com/compare-plans I do see your support ticket, they should get to it soon.

3. Peugames

Peugames

it has mentioned in that link and your site:
    Plus
    $399 /yr per seat
    yr, means yearly. may be you want to define new definition for yr??

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Yes, but it doesn't end after a year, that is per year. If you don't cancel, it goes to the next year like most subscriptions.

5. Peugames

Peugames

what????? who designed such kind of out of rules things? when you write yearly,it means automatically yearly should be cancel.if you want to renew or if i want to renew i should ask,or you should ask from for that.you can not automatically renew it. this is first time in my life after more than 50 years and work with many companies and sites i can see such kind of things. it is cheating. clearly

6. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

You will want to confirm with Customer Service from your support ticket.

7. Peugames

Peugames

you mean they will contact me, or i should contact with them?

8. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

You already contacted Customer Service, please wait on their reply.

9. Schneider21

Schneider21

I don't work for Unity and can't assist you any better than customer support or Jeff already has. And I hate to defend an international corporation over an individual. But it does state clearly in the FAQ that subscriptions auto-renew.

upload_2022-6-22_9-51-54.png

You may assume this is intended to swindle you out of money, but for professionals, we prefer our subscriptions to auto-renew to avoid interrupting our productivity. If that's something that doesn't fit with your accounting plan, I'd say you should carefully read and research before purchasing in the future.

10. Peugames

Peugames

People do not have to read all the questions or answers to understand what the situation is. These topics should be clearly visible on the subscription page. Sub-laws cannot impose themselves on the main and more important laws. The principle everywhere is that when it is written annually on the subscription page, it means that by default the contract lasts up to a year unless the customer wants something else. In other words, it is assumed that this contract will be valid for up to one year unless the customer renews it. In other words, the contract should be canceled by default and automatically unless it renews it and not the other way around. If we assume what you have said, then on the first page, instead of the phrase "yearly", the word "unlimited" should be used instead of "yearly". In addition, mentioning the price is another reason for a certain range of service time that can not be extended automatically.
    Mentioning words like professional in your utterances cannot increase the semantic and legal burden of what you have said. Professional in what you have mentioned means secrecy. But transparency is one of the important thing in modern management systems, that i can not see it in that subscription page. These topics are very common and can be seen everywhere. From renting a simple apartment to buying and selling contracts to subscribing and buying memberships.

11. unity_Ctri

unity_Ctri

Unity Technologies

Hey Peugames,

Can you DM me the ticket IDs you got when emailing support@unity3d.com? I'd like to follow up internally and find out what happened to your support tickets, especially if you've not received an answer as you say.

Thanks

12. Peugames

Peugames

i didnt see where can i send DM to you. so i put it here:
    i sent them 2 times:

13. Peugames

Peugames

i sent them 2 times:

14. Peugames

Peugames

till when i should wait for their answer?
    now it is more that 2 weeks, while they mentioned in their automatic reply the answer will be maximum in 14 days.
    after several days they they wrote: This request was closed and merged into request #1278422
    what should i do? they are living in another solar system?

15. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Yes, they merged your duplicate ticket. Hopefully they will get to it this week.