Search Unity

External Connection. (SOLVED).

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by N1warhead, Dec 17, 2017.

1. N1warhead

N1warhead

Hey guys, yeap I am back lol..

Okay I just had a long post here, but the situation has changed..

(Scroll to very bottom to get the short and brief version).

Okay I finally got it where I can connect to my server through public IP. However, I had to literally shut off my Windows Defender Firewall, forwarding my ports to the ports I used for the server did not work.

So with that being said, is there something else I need to do with the Firewall to make the server work without shutting down my entire Firewall?

So perhaps I am missing something that UNET LLAPI Network Transport Layer needs inside the firewall to be opened.

Brief recap of what I explained above.
    -------------------------------
    1. Okay so I set the ports I want inside the server and client.
    2. I port forward in my router (WireShark shows the packets coming in).
    3. I set an inbound rule in the firewall to allow connections on said port for server.
    4. (even tried outbound).
    5. Does not work.
    6. Shut down entire firewall
    7. DOES work.
    8. Is there some other step?

2. N1warhead

N1warhead

Strange, I just reset the Firewall and now things are working.... Guess somewhere in all that mess every port I've tried was blocked lol. That or something else was going on.

julian_snelders likes this.
  3. thegreatzebadiah

thegreatzebadiah

Not sure if you're still looking for info or what but usually the proper course of action is to add an exception to your firewall settings to allow traffic too / from your build. Usually this is done via a window that pops up the first time that you run the build where Windows asks if you want to allow traffic on public and/or private networks.

I've read several reports of those settings changing seemingly on their own though, so when in doubt check your firewall settings and if necessary manually add an exception for your game.