Search Unity

External Camera Controller

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by Blarp, May 24, 2020.

1. Blarp

Blarp

I want to use my iphone as a camera position and rotation controller, and render(stream) the scene from the editor to my device screen. I will also use bluetooth joysticks on my phone to control the camera, effect triggers, etc.

This is similar to Glassboxtech Dragonfly and Unreal's Cine Tracer.

Any advice on achieving this sans Glassbox?

Last edited: May 24, 2020
    fablemaker likes this.
  2. Murgilod

Murgilod

Well, you can stop spamming the blog post's comments, for one.

This is beyond the scope of what Cinemachine is designed for. Cinemachine is for handling virtual cameras in a game, it is not a streaming solution from the editor to your phone.

3. Adam_Myhill

Adam_Myhill

We are deeply in dev of this and I can tell you that it works super well and is industry leading in key tech areas like latency and some of the features. Unfortunately I cannot say exactly when it will be out but a beta is coming very soon.

4. fablemaker

fablemaker

Looking forward to it Adam!

In the meantime, I've been trying Deckard Capture package for real-time camera-work using an Oculus Quest. It works quite well, and you're shooting in VR basically (one up on iPhone!). It's available on these forums somewhere

Blarp likes this.
  5. Blarp

Blarp

fablemaker likes this.
  6. fablemaker

fablemaker

hey just wondering if Expozure has been released already or is a 'coming soon' feature? I don't see it in package manager

Blarp likes this.
  7. Blarp

Blarp

Coming soon looks like. There is a thing scheduled for the 20th with Habib in that first link.

Not sure if it's just a "look at what we can do" or something that will lead to us actually using it.

8. cpkcpk

cpkcpk

Hey, any updates on this? Is a beta still coming soon? Thanks!

fablemaker likes this.