Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

extending PositionDepth.cs : VFXBlock via Camera_colorBuffer / Camera_depthBuffer

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by brianchasalow, Oct 14, 2019.

1. brianchasalow

brianchasalow

Hi there- i'm on 2019.3.0b6 - @ThomasVFX, and other VFX Graph team folks.

I'm looking at PositionDepth.cs (the VFXBlock version) and trying to make it work with a camera other than the MainCamera. Firstly, it would appear that even though there's a "Custom" dropdown for the Camera field, this functionality seems unfinished maybe?

I can get most of the way there I think with VFXPropertyBinders. I made a VFXCameraBinder, where it reads from the Camera and applies all the public fields to the PositionDepth block. My only issue, I think, is I don't know how to set the colorBuffer or depthBuffer Texture2DArrays using the color/depth from the secondary camera.

I figured it'd be something like this, but this doesn't work. Initializing in UpdateSubProperties():

Code (CSharp):
    1.             ColorBuffer = m_Property + "_colorBuffer";
    2.             DepthBuffer = m_Property + "_depthBuffer";
    and then applying:

Code (CSharp):
    2.         public override void UpdateBinding(VisualEffect component)
    3. {
    4.             component.SetTexture(DepthBuffer, otherCamera.targetTexture);
    5.             component.SetTexture(ColorBuffer, otherCamera.targetTexture);
    and then somehow it would read the _colorBuffer and _depthBuffer from each of those textures?
    Do I need to render my second camera to a rendertexture for this to work at all?
    I don't quite understand what's going on, because there doesn't seem to be a public setter for SetTexture2DArray which is what those fields need, i think, and the shaders use Camera_colorBuffer and Camera_depthBuffer which I can't see defined anywhere. But there's a Camera_depthBuffer_b and Camera_colorbuffer_b in the generated vfx graph shaders and I don't know where they're coming from...

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019