Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Exporting Project Issue

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by ChaosResolution, May 12, 2020.

1. ChaosResolution

ChaosResolution

I clicked 'Start Export' yesterday just after midday. I've awoken this morning to check it's progress, and it hasn't been great. In fact, the last few times I've checked it the percentage has not changed.

Is there something wrong with this? The project size is 16GB. We're almost at 24 hours!

Thanks

upload_2020-5-12_9-44-33.png

2. ChaosResolution

ChaosResolution

Update:

48 hours in, we're at 64%.

3. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @ChaosResolution, the reason that your export is taking so long is a combination of both the number of files in your project along with the number of commits in your history that the backend needs to make copies of. It takes time to walk through the entire GIT tree of a project and replace the smaller pointer files that Collab uses for tracking changes quickly with the original files. We've looked into ways of speeding up the process but we can only go as fast as the GIT process allows. We're sorry for the inconvenience.

If it feels like the process has stalled for a longer than reasonable amount of time then you can ask us in a Support Ticket to run the process manually for you. Please let us know if you run into any other issues with your export.

4. ChaosResolution

ChaosResolution

I guess I understand, but it really isn't practical. I need to share the project but at this rate it'll probably take around 5 days, so yes, more than a reasonable amount of time o_O