Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

exporting model from one project to another with dependencies

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by moliminous, Oct 18, 2019.

1. moliminous

moliminous

Hey there so i want to transfer an HDRP Model from one project to another project, but I want to also include all dependencies such as the plugins being used and the file settings for each. is there a way to go about this? I know i can create a package i think, but i almost always have issues. In this case, the model is being ported to a non-HDRP project but redoing the textures shouldn't be an issue. is there best practices for this?

2. kdgalla

kdgalla

For some reason when you right-click on an object and "create package" with "include dependencies" Unity is really bad at figuring out what those actually are. On the other hand, if you right-click on an object and choose "select depencies" that works a lot better and then you can go to the assets menu and export the selected objects to a package from there.

3. moliminous

moliminous

https://gyazo.com/45279d41770cdcc8644268b1505bf466
    that might not work in this case, it looks like that method works for selecting some stuff but in this case. a visual aid might help. I'm trying to package this model, with the scripts and their settings for the scene into a package i can send to another project. so i want to take the MVNStream, the nested model, and the mvn actors. I want to package all of that into one thing that i can import to another project, almost like i just copy and pasted it.

4. kdgalla

kdgalla

Can you put all of that in a prefab? Then it should work.

5. moliminous

moliminous

thanks a bunch that works great it looks like! I really appreciate your help.