Search Unity

Exporting from blender to Unity with shading properties

Discussion in 'Asset Importing & Exporting' started by unity_2D72846F13F789DD95B9, Apr 8, 2021.

1. unity_2D72846F13F789DD95B9

unity_2D72846F13F789DD95B9

I created a sword for my blender project, and this is what it looks like.

When I export it to unity, this is the final result:

Is there any way to export it to look exactly like the blender one?

2. neginfinity

neginfinity

You'd need to convert blender's shader graph into unity by hand.

OR you could try baking it into textures (roughness+base color, everything) and use the resulting textures in unity. It "might" work, but I haven't done that before myself.

3. kburkhart84

kburkhart84

You are better off learning now at the start that Blender's materials will NOT directly translate into Unity materials. The best you can hope for is if you can get an end result of only textures in Blender, you can save those and import them into Unity's materials, but even then, the renderer is not the same and so you won't necessarily get the same exact results.

Many other things you find in Blender ALSO won't be able to be directly sent to Unity. It isn't just materials. Most modifiers have to be applied(which happens automatically when you export). Things like drivers simply don't exist either. Any animations need to be based on skeleton/armatures. You CAN actually use shape keys, but they only come to Unity as keys, no animations of said keys, so you have to do the key control separately in Unity.