Search Unity

Exporting animations and rigs from Blender into Unity issues

Discussion in 'Animation' started by kamil_01, May 17, 2021.

1. kamil_01

kamil_01

Hello everyone,

this is my first time posting anything in unity forums. Hopefully I can get some guidance or help.

I’ve recently started learning how to rig FPS arms and a simple hand gun in Blender 2.8, how to skin them and animate an idle, walk and reload animation that look pretty okay. However I’m still pretty new to the whole game dev industry and have a lot to learn process wise. I’m starting to know and recognise C# and unity editors as a whole, but I’m still asking a lot of questions regarding process of combining say blender animations with unity, and what to do from there to add it into my FPS prototype. No information could be found when I done some research on this, so I’m turning to this. My problem is, when I rig and animate my animations, and export it to unity (don’t know if it’s done the right way), my armature splits to two different sets of animations. One for my arms (that play but the gun is stationary) and the gun (which moves but arms don’t). And some animations somehow have 1-2 frames. Not the 24 frames I initially set it up to be. Could someone please explain to me the process of exporting animations and rigs to unity from blender, and then maybe some links so I can learn about it? Right now, I stuck and have no idea what to do. Thanks in advance