Search Unity

Exported game not working like unity editor (Playerprefs/leaderboard error)

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Kiesco91, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Kiesco91

Kiesco91

hello,

So i have created a small endless runner game in unity for a work project where the player runs and earns points the further they get. when they die, the points should save and if a new hi score has been reached, they make it onto the leaderboard. this works absolutely fine on my unity editor and also when i exported it to my mac but i need it on windows. i have exported it to android and windows and it works on neither of them. i have changed the platform in build settings. is there a reason it plays differently or something I'm not doing right? as i have said, it works fine on unity editor and on mac but on windows and android, it doesn't seem to save any hi scores as if the player prefs doesn't even exist.

i haven't added any scripts as i don't think they are the issue atm as it is working on unity but if you think the scripts are the issue, i can post them. just seems strange how it works on 1 device but not the others. is there some way i can get a debug log like the console when you play it in unity to see if something is happening when i play it on windows? i have attached a picture of my export settings.

thanks in advance

Attached Files: