Search Unity

Exported game doesn't run unless -force-opengl is used, and it will forget fullscreen default

Discussion in 'Linux Editor' started by blah, Mar 27, 2016.

1. blah

blah

When I export a game from the linux editor of Unity 5.3.4f1 to the linux player, the following problems happen:

1. The game doesn't run on my own computer (where I run the editor and all and where I playtested it inside the editor) unless I add -force-opengl to the command line when launching it

2. When running the game multiple times for playtesting and using the editor in between test runs, the game will at some point suddenly decide it has a windowed 800x600 setting and no longer launch in fullscreen - although I never show the Unity settings window at start, I never exited fullscreen in the player testing phase and I don't have an options menu ingame. I need to manually wipe ~/.config/unity/MyCompanyName/ to fix it again

2. Tak

Tak

Unity Technologies

1. For the opengl core rendering backend (the default for the player, but not the editor), gpu/driver support for opengl 3.2 core profile is required. You can change the default rendering backend in the player settings.

2. What resolution do you have set as default in the player build settings?

3. blah

blah

1. Where exactly can I switch this? I can't find it, even with the help of Mr Google. There are a couple of mentions of this change as a default backend like here http://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/OpenGLCoreDetails.html but none of them actually points out the name of the setting. There's -force-opengl but I can't expect the user to do that. (and your fancy new opengl core backend might be appropriate for highend games, but effectively locks out all Intel GPU users which is unacceptable for games targetting a simpler graphics level) - nevermind, I had to uncheck "Auto Graphics API" to show it

2. None since "Default Is Full Screen", "Default Is Native Resolution" is enabled. However, sometimes the player just randomly decides between launches that I must have changed it to "800x600 windowed" despite my app hiding the settings window and never showing it, so this seems to be some sort of bug... for what it's worth, I also have all aspect ratios set to enabled and the screen has a fairly regular 1680x1050 16:10 resolution.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  4. blah

blah

unityunity